how to change bios time?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by flubie, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. flubie

    flubie Guest

    I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios time.
    How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
    bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
    menu.

    Thanks for any help.

    1. Advertising

  2. After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
    right left up down arrows to change fields.

    +/- and page up and down changes values.
    Don't forget to save your changes.

    "flubie" <> wrote in message
    > I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios

    time.
    > How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
    > bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
    > menu.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    1. Advertising

  3. flubie

    flubie Guest

    I did that already. The problem is the field to change date/time is
    unavailable.

    Trai' La Trash wrote:

    > After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
    > right left up down arrows to change fields.
    >
    > +/- and page up and down changes values.
    > Don't forget to save your changes.
    >

    > "flubie" <> wrote in message
    >> I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios

    > time.
    >> How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to the
    >> bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
    >> menu.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.

  4. Do the latest bios and Rom updates on it and it should fix the problem.
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/EvoNotebook/us/family/model/4125.html?lang=en&cc=us

    "flubie" <> wrote in message
    > I did that already. The problem is the field to change date/time is
    > unavailable.
    >
    > Trai' La Trash wrote:
    >
    > > After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key or
    > > right left up down arrows to change fields.
    > >
    > > +/- and page up and down changes values.
    > > Don't forget to save your changes.
    > >

    > > "flubie" <> wrote in message
    > >> I bought a second-hand Compaq Evo N800v and I want to change the bios

    > > time.
    > >> How to do that? I press F10 when the computer boots up and enter to

    the
    > >> bios setup, but I can't find an option to change bios date/time in the
    > >> menu.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any help.

  5. flubie

    flubie Guest

    I will try that. Thanks.
    Are you sure that updating bios will do no harm to data in the hardisk?

    Trai' La Trash wrote:

    > Do the latest bios and Rom updates on it and it should fix the problem.
    > http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/EvoNotebook/us/family

    model/4125.html?lang=en&cc=us

    > "flubie" <> wrote in message
    >> I did that already. The problem is the field to change date/time is
    >> unavailable.
    >>
    >> Trai' La Trash wrote:
    >>
    >> > After you hit F1 or the escape key to enter the bios use the tab key
    >> > or right left up down arrows to change fields.
    >> >
    >> > +/- and page up and down changes values.
    >> > Don't forget to save your changes.
    >> >

    >> > "flubie" <> wrote in message
    >> > time.

    > the

  6. Flubie I've never had a problem running any of the Compaq rom updates they
    have always worked easy.(I have a few Compaq laptops)
    While your at it if you have highspeed you should download them all and make
    a list of them and put them on disk.
    If you have the call Compaq support the first thing they check is that you
    have the latest updates.

    Dave