how to change CPU clock speed on compaq PC?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by peter, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. peter

    peter Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:47:08 +0000, peter wrote:

    > I have a compaq SR1520NX using AMD sempron 3100+ with an OEM mobo K8S-LA and
    > phoenix award bios:
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00257657
    >
    > In the setup screen it says CPU speed 1800 MHz and it is grayed out (not
    > changeable).
    >
    > The spec for this mobo says it supports athlon64 3700+, I wonder if it is
    > possible for me to increase the CPU clock frequency and how to do so?

    Look in the bios. If there's a setting for it you can. Otherwise you can't.:)

  3. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    peter wrote:
    > I have a compaq SR1520NX using AMD sempron 3100+ with an OEM mobo K8S-LA and
    > phoenix award bios:
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00257657
    >
    > In the setup screen it says CPU speed 1800 MHz and it is grayed out (not
    > changeable).
    >
    > The spec for this mobo says it supports athlon64 3700+, I wonder if it is
    > possible for me to increase the CPU clock frequency and how to do so?

    You can try a software tool. CrystalCPUID or ClockGen might do it.
    there are others but none come to mind right now.

    http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html
    http://www.cpuid.org/clockgen.php

    Make sure you know what overclocking could do to your system before you
    get too carried away. Otherwise the subject line of your next post
    might read "HELP!!"

    -Dylan C

  4. peter

    peter Guest

    "Dylan C" <> wrote in message
    > You can try a software tool. CrystalCPUID or ClockGen might do it. there
    > are others but none come to mind right now.
    >
    > http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html
    > http://www.cpuid.org/clockgen.php
    >
    > Make sure you know what overclocking could do to your system before you
    > get too carried away. Otherwise the subject line of your next post might
    > read "HELP!!"

    I'm stuck at the PLL selection. The chip on the mobo is

    ICS CA 530270
    0505
    952805BF

    The PLL list on cpuid.org shows it is SiS chip set, which is correct.
    However, I still have no idea which PLL to choose, because the list does not
    contain anything resembling 952805 or anything using SiS. But why would they
    list the chip on the web site, and not in the actual tool??