    between receiver and Sound Blaster live?

    Thank you

    Regards,

    Al, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Al

    Lenny Guest

    > My audio preamplifier/processor is a multichannel fully loaded with RCA,
    > Optical and Digital Coax inputs. Now I'm a little confused on what and how
    > to connect them.

    I would recommend you getting a decent quality coaxial cable with phono
    jacks in each end (males), doesn't have to be a top of the line model for
    $50+ or anything. Just an OK cable that is sufficiently long to cover the
    distance. If it's very far, like more than 4 meters perhaps, a cable of the
    better variety might be adviseable. Then you get a phono to mono headphone
    3.5mm conversion plug. Stick the plug in the back of your soundcard (digital
    output of course :) ), and the other end in your surround processor. :)

    Do note, you'll only get stereo sound this way, not multichannel...

    Lenny, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Al

    Al Guest

    I appreciated your clear explanation.