    Much appreciate any advice.

    Thanks,
    Pardesiya

    pardesiya, Jun 29, 2007

  2. pardesiya

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Previously pardesiya <> wrote:
    > Hi Folks,

    > I have an old Toshiba laptop with an internal floppy drive. I don't
    > use the floppy drive a lot and have been wondering if there are any
    > devices/adapters available to make it read SD cards instead.

    > Much appreciate any advice.

    Ask Toshiba. They are the only ones that can have something that
    fits.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Jun 29, 2007

  3. pardesiya

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest

    pardesiya <> writes:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have an old Toshiba laptop with an internal floppy drive. I don't
    > use the floppy drive a lot and have been wondering if there are any
    > devices/adapters available to make it read SD cards instead.

    I once had a similar gadget for SmartMedia: you'd plug the card into
    the gadget, the gadget had the dimensions of a floppy disk and plugged
    into the floppy drive. It was slow, expensive, and unreliable.
    You'll find a USB SD adapter better in every possible way.

    Resign yourself to having a bit of history in your case. Or take it
    out and have a spiffy paperweight.

    Joe Pfeiffer, Jun 29, 2007