How to copy a Stroke into another Ink

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Vinay Agarwal, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    Probably this is very basic question but I have spent 2 days on it and I
    can't figure it out. I even watched MS's Tablet PC SDK video for over an hour
    and the presenter said that there were many very easy ways of doing it
    without specifying any in enough detail.

    I am building a peer-to-peer shared whiteboard (c#) with Ink capability. I
    have all the communication plumbing working. I envision that after the stroke
    is drawn, I will copy the stroke to the other peer and add it to its
    InkCollector with a statement like this:

    private void inkStrokeEvent(object sender, InkCollectorStrokeEventArgs e) {
    inkPanel.Ink.Strokes.Add(e.Stroke);
    }

    But this doesn't seem to do anything. Am I copying stroke to the right
    object? What's the correct method to add to Ink? I don't want to use
    clipboard. Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Vinay Agarwal

    1. Advertising

  2. This should be on the programmer group. There is a save method on Stroke
    that converts it to a format you can use to send to other processes. There
    is a matching method to restore it when it gets there.

    Michael

    "Vinay Agarwal" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Probably this is very basic question but I have spent 2 days on it and I
    > can't figure it out. I even watched MS's Tablet PC SDK video for over an
    > hour
    > and the presenter said that there were many very easy ways of doing it
    > without specifying any in enough detail.
    >
    > I am building a peer-to-peer shared whiteboard (c#) with Ink capability. I
    > have all the communication plumbing working. I envision that after the
    > stroke
    > is drawn, I will copy the stroke to the other peer and add it to its
    > InkCollector with a statement like this:
    >
    > private void inkStrokeEvent(object sender, InkCollectorStrokeEventArgs e)
    > {
    > inkPanel.Ink.Strokes.Add(e.Stroke);
    > }
    >
    > But this doesn't seem to do anything. Am I copying stroke to the right
    > object? What's the correct method to add to Ink? I don't want to use
    > clipboard. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Vinay Agarwal

    1. Advertising

  3. Thanks for your response.

    I am able to move the stroke to another computer (through remoting), but I
    don't know how to add after it is moved to the InkCollector over there. As
    far as I understand, save and restore are needed for serialization and
    deserialization. I have solved that problem but not the second one.

    I am moving this discussion to the developer group.