    if possible then how do i do it
    Cheers
    Mike :
    PcGAmeR22, May 8, 2012

  2. Enrie Membership, May 9, 2012

  3. On 09/05/2012 08:12, Enrie Membership wrote:
    > On 08/05/2012 20:17, rb wrote:
    >> Yep can connect it via the USB port using a powered adapter such as this
    >> one-->
    >> www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200171
    >>

    > That's OK for the data side, what about power to the drive?
    >
    > He would be better off using an external USB type enclosure which could
    > be used in the future as an external backup drive.
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817366037

    Sorry the above link shows an enclosure for laptop hard drives but you
    get my drift, just choose one for your desktop hard disk with the
    appropriate interface i.e. SATA/IDE

    My bad
    Enrie Membership, May 9, 2012
  4. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    Thank you fellows , Im going to micro center on saturday to buy a wate
    cooling system for my pc, figured i might as well buy the externa
    backup driv
    PcGAmeR22, May 9, 2012
  5. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    Enrie Membership;1339775 Wrote:
    > On 09/05/2012 08:12, Enrie Membership wrote:
    > > On 08/05/2012 20:17, rb wrote:
    > >> Yep can connect it via the USB port using a powered adapter such a

    > this
    > >> one-->
    > >> www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200171
    > >>

    > > That's OK for the data side, what about power to the drive?
    > >
    > > He would be better off using an external USB type enclosure whic

    > could
    > > be used in the future as an external backup drive.
    > >
    > > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817366037

    > Sorry the above link shows an enclosure for laptop hard drives but you
    > get my drift, just choose one for your desktop hard disk with the
    > appropriate interface i.e. SATA/IDE
    >
    > My bad

    I posted wrong link too :eek: ....'powered' adapter here--->
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681219645
    rb, May 9, 2012
  6. On Wed, 09 May 2012 08:17:09 +0100, Enrie Membership <>
    wrote:

    >On 09/05/2012 08:12, Enrie Membership wrote:
    >> On 08/05/2012 20:17, rb wrote:
    >>> Yep can connect it via the USB port using a powered adapter such as this
    >>> one-->
    >>> www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200171
    >>>

    >> That's OK for the data side, what about power to the drive?
    >>
    >> He would be better off using an external USB type enclosure which could
    >> be used in the future as an external backup drive.
    >>
    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817366037

    >Sorry the above link shows an enclosure for laptop hard drives but you
    >get my drift, just choose one for your desktop hard disk with the
    >appropriate interface i.e. SATA/IDE
    >
    >My bad

    actually, many places sell adapters that include power supplies
    sufficient to power one drive. Here's one...... I've seen several
    more, probably one available near the OP.

    http://www.frys.com/product/5466019?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    Charlie Hoffpauir, May 9, 2012
  7. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest