how to open Aspire 1622 (to clean the fan)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by nordic, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. nordic

    nordic Guest

    Hi!

    My Acer Aspire 1622 has a severe overheating problem.
    I read that I should clean the fan, and apply some cooling past to the
    CPU.

    Ok, but how on earth can I open the case and get there in the first
    place?

    I tried to remove all screws I could find but the case only opens a
    bit and won't move any further.

    Can anyone help me?

    Thank you very much!!

    Kind Regards,
    Andreas
    nordic, Dec 18, 2006

  2. nordic

    Overclocked Guest

    Overclocked, Dec 18, 2006

  3. nordic

    nordic Guest

    > Overclockedwrote:
    Hi Adnreas,

    > Try searching this manual site: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/

    Hi!

    Thank you for answering. I have searched the site you linked to
    several times, but I haven't found anything helpfull. I only found a
    part list. :(

    Kind Regards,
    Andreas
    nordic, Dec 18, 2006
  4. nordic

    c-cubed Guest

    Go to this web site and download the appropriate manu
    "http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com/us&siteid=7293&areaid=7&formid=3394&LINKTEXT=Drivers%20%26%20Downloads"

    Locate the Cooling fan/Thermal module and remove the cover. Note Acer
    is weird after you take out the screws, the cover doesn't just fall
    off, it requires a little coaxing. Try inserting a small screwdriver or
    knife and prying gently. Becareful, you don't want to break it.
    Typically there are a couple of little plastic tabs that hold it in and
    they snap in and out.

    My Acer 5000 recently developed a similar problem. Cleaning the fan and
    attempting to clean the Thermal Module with "canned air" didn't help.
    I'm looking for additional ideas. See my post "Acer 5000 overheating"

    c-cubed, Dec 31, 2006