    overclocked, and want to have a go. Can someone give some guidance of
    what settings to change? P4 is Zalman 7000Cu cooled
    TIA
    Ray Copper, Dec 15, 2004

  2. "Ray Copper" <> wrote in message...
    >I have an IC7-G with 3GHz P4 800FSB, PC3200 RAM. I have
    > never overclocked, and want to have a go. Can someone give some
    > guidance of what settings to change? P4 is Zalman 7000Cu cooled

    The only way to increase the speed of your processor is to raise the front
    side bus speed. However, your PC3200 memory may prove to be a bit of a
    limiting factor here, so it's not simply a case of whacking it up as far as
    it'll go.

    Overclocking your system properly will involve changing a combination of
    settings and it's not as though we can tell you what the best combination
    will be. Read this newsgroup, read the overclocking newsgroup, and above all
    have a good scan of your manual to work out what the controls in the
    Softmenu and Advanced Chipset Settings pages of the BIOS actually do.

    Once you've worked out what everything actually does, you'll soon be able to
    find the limits of your processor and memory - and work out the combination
    of settings that gives you the best of both.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Dec 15, 2004