How to reset the SP (eLOM) password?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Xao, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Xao

    Xao Guest

    My server is sitting in a data center across the country. For some
    reason I can no longer log into the WebGUI or SSH into either our
    X2100 M2 or X2200 M2 using the root account.

    I had the local admin go into the BIOS and followed the instructions
    on how to reset the password to the default "changeme" but it doesn't
    work either.

    The systems are back up and running and I can access information
    through IPMI, but I still can't login to the eLOM SP through the GUI
    or through the SSH interface. It says account or password incorrect.
    Any idea on how to get the password reset? Can I use IPMI or is there
    another method I can have the on-site admin try?

    Using IPMI I was able to list the accounts via:

    [root@srvr1 ~]# ipmitool user list 1
    ID Name Callin Link Auth IPMI Msg Channel Priv Limit
    1 true true true ADMINISTRATOR
    4 false true true NO ACCESS
    5 ???????????????? false true true NO ACCESS
    6 ???????????????? false true true NO ACCESS
    Xao, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Xao <> wrote:
    > The systems are back up and running and I can access information
    > through IPMI, but I still can't login to the eLOM SP through the GUI
    > or through the SSH interface. It says account or password incorrect.
    > Any idea on how to get the password reset? Can I use IPMI or is there
    > another method I can have the on-site admin try?

    are you explicitly ssh'ing in as root?

    ssh -l root destination-name

    --
    Gustaf Lindborg: The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail
    Nomen Publicus, Sep 20, 2008

  3. Xao

    Xao Guest

    On Sep 20, 7:00 am, Nomen Publicus <>
    wrote:
    > Xao <> wrote:
    > > The systems are back up and running and I can access information
    > > through IPMI, but I still can't login to the eLOM SP through the GUI
    > > or through the SSH interface.  It says account or password incorrect.
    > > Any idea on how to get the password reset?  Can I use IPMI or is there
    > > another method I can have the on-site admin try?

    > are you explicitly ssh'ing in as root?
    >
    > ssh -l root destination-name
    >
    > --
    > Gustaf Lindborg: The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail

    Yes, tried it both ways...

    ssh -l root <ip>
    &
    ssh root@<ip>