    fuel Guest

    Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot. How
    do I get rid of this damn thing?

    fuel, Dec 28, 2003

  2. I dont think you can. I have edited it out of the registry and it magically
    reappears at boot. Please post what you find out.

    IDAssociates Inc., Dec 28, 2003

  3. fuel

    BK24 Guest

    You need to do it through services.msc, not msconfig. Theres more stuff in
    there that needs shut off at startup. Just go to the run box and type
    services.msc

    BK24, Dec 28, 2003
  4. That doesn't work either.

    IDAssociates Inc., Dec 28, 2003
  5. fuel

    grahamilton Guest

    start>run>services.msc
    disable NVIDIA Display Driver Service

    start>run>regedit

    delete NvMediaCenter key

    delete NvCplDaemon key
    delete nwiz key

    grahamilton, Dec 28, 2003
  6. I only have the NvCplDaemon key .....

    IDAssociates Inc., Dec 28, 2003
  7. fuel

    Flow Guest

    Why do you want it gone?
    You need it for your desktop,the comp will shutdown if this file is damaged
    or deleted.
    It is for controlpanel\display\advanced\nvidia tabs.That's why it always
    runs at startup.
    It does no harm and will not eat any extra sources.
    In fact if you get error messages about it at startup you need to uninstall
    proper and reinstall your videodrivers.

    Flow, Dec 28, 2003
  8. fuel

    MAD Guest

    Yeah, all that tweaking mess isn't going to help out much, if any.

    Although, I turned it off in services and msconfig just for the hell of it

    MAD, Dec 30, 2003