How to turn off power change animation

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Roland Mösl, Apr 29, 2012.

  1. Roland Mösl

    Roland Mösl Guest

    I have an ASUS UL30.

    The power change animation is really annoying.

    Today was a cloudy day.
    So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
    power for full operation.

    And this causes an annoying series of
    power change animations.

    Notebook on car adapter,
    buffer battery drops below 11 V

    Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"

    Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
    goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin

    Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"

    Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.

    Without the power change animation,
    it would be possible to work,
    about 50% of the time on internal battery,
    50% of the time from car adapter via
    buffer battery on photovoltaic

    So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

    --
    Roland Mösl
    http://www.pege.org Planetary Engineering Group Earth
    Roland Mösl, Apr 29, 2012

  2. Roland Mösl

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:jnk4ue$dhv$-news-network.org,
    Roland Mösl wrote:
    > I have an ASUS UL30.
    >
    > The power change animation is really annoying.
    >
    > Today was a cloudy day.
    > So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
    > power for full operation.
    >
    > And this causes an annoying series of
    > power change animations.
    >
    > Notebook on car adapter,
    > buffer battery drops below 11 V
    >
    > Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"
    >
    > Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
    > goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin
    >
    > Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"
    >
    > Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.
    >
    > Without the power change animation,
    > it would be possible to work,
    > about 50% of the time on internal battery,
    > 50% of the time from car adapter via
    > buffer battery on photovoltaic
    >
    > So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

    It depends on where it is coming from. Lots of those messages if you are
    running Windows are usually coming from the ACPI driver(s). If you
    disable them, other things like the Fn+key also stops working. The BIOS
    also usually plays a part in this too. And most of the time, they have
    no toggle for something like this. But you can check anyway.

    --
    Bill
    BillW50, Apr 29, 2012

  3. Roland Mösl

    Roland Mösl Guest

    On 2012-04-29 22:16, BillW50 wrote:
    > In news:jnk4ue$dhv$-news-network.org,
    > Roland Mösl wrote:
    >> I have an ASUS UL30.
    >>
    >> The power change animation is really annoying.
    >>
    >> Today was a cloudy day.
    >> So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
    >> power for full operation.
    >>
    >> And this causes an annoying series of
    >> power change animations.
    >>
    >> Notebook on car adapter,
    >> buffer battery drops below 11 V
    >>
    >> Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"
    >>
    >> Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
    >> goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin
    >>
    >> Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"
    >>
    >> Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.
    >>
    >> Without the power change animation,
    >> it would be possible to work,
    >> about 50% of the time on internal battery,
    >> 50% of the time from car adapter via
    >> buffer battery on photovoltaic
    >>
    >> So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

    > It depends on where it is coming from. Lots of those messages if you are
    > running Windows are usually coming from the ACPI driver(s). If you
    > disable them, other things like the Fn+key also stops working. The BIOS
    > also usually plays a part in this too. And most of the time, they have
    > no toggle for something like this. But you can check anyway.

    Just thought to have found something

    Customize Icons

    Power -> Hide icons and notifications.

    Only problem, this does not work, notifications are coming as usual

    Roland Mösl, May 4, 2012
  4. Roland Mösl

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:jo0iea$8fv$-news-network.org,
    Roland Mösl typed:
    > On 2012-04-29 22:16, BillW50 wrote:
    >> In news:jnk4ue$dhv$-news-network.org,
    >> Roland Mösl wrote:
    >>> I have an ASUS UL30.
    >>>
    >>> The power change animation is really annoying.
    >>>
    >>> Today was a cloudy day.
    >>> So my photovoltaic did not deliver enough electric
    >>> power for full operation.
    >>>
    >>> And this causes an annoying series of
    >>> power change animations.
    >>>
    >>> Notebook on car adapter,
    >>> buffer battery drops below 11 V
    >>>
    >>> Big animation comes "Notebook on battery"
    >>>
    >>> Buffer battery is charged by photovoltaic,
    >>> goes over 12V, car adapter starts working agin
    >>>
    >>> Big animation comes "Notebook on power supply"
    >>>
    >>> Now all starts again, about 2 times a second.
    >>>
    >>> Without the power change animation,
    >>> it would be possible to work,
    >>> about 50% of the time on internal battery,
    >>> 50% of the time from car adapter via
    >>> buffer battery on photovoltaic
    >>>
    >>> So how to turn this damned power change animation off?

    >> It depends on where it is coming from. Lots of those messages if you
    >> are running Windows are usually coming from the ACPI driver(s). If
    >> you disable them, other things like the Fn+key also stops working.
    >> The BIOS also usually plays a part in this too. And most of the
    >> time, they have no toggle for something like this. But you can check
    >> anyway.

    > Just thought to have found something
    >
    > Customize Icons
    >
    > Power -> Hide icons and notifications.
    >
    > Only problem, this does not work, notifications are coming as usual

    That should work only for the system tray icons and notifications. And
    it shouldn't affect anything else.

    --
    Bill
    Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 2GB - Windows XP SP2
    BillW50, May 4, 2012