    just want the software.

    Thank you,
    Damon.

    damonjw, Mar 6, 2008

  2. damonjw

    Chris H Guest

    You should be able to access the XP Pro SP2 and Tablet PC Edition as part of
    your subscription in MSDN, but I'm not so sure that would help you on the
    unit because I doubt it supports that extra hardware. Experiment, of
    course, because that's the purpose of the Microsoft Developer's Network
    subscription. I just don't believe the results you're looking for will come
    from that version of the Tablet PC Edition, unlike the capabilities of Vista
    with the Tablet functionalities and external hardware support built in.

    Otherwise, there is no commercial release of Windows XP Pro SP2 and the
    Tablet PC Edition superset.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Mar 6, 2008

  3. damonjw

    Sir André Guest

    Sir André, Mar 11, 2008
  4. damonjw

    Sir André Guest

    Hey all,

    I've got a similar situation, and here are the technical details:

    OS: Windows XP Pro W/SP2
    Hardware: Toshiba Protégé M400-EX5031 Tablet PC Capable (came w/Vista)
    CPU: C2D 1.83
    GHz RAM: 2048MB
    HDD: 80GB NTFS, 15.46GB Free space

    We have our campus volume license version of Win XP Tablet PC Edt 2005

    I was hoping that I could simply login to our admin account on the Win XP
    Pro w/SP2 tablet PC, then put the Tablet PC Edt CD in, and from there do an
    upgrade. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error message copying the files as the
    upgrade gets to the 51% stage. Here is the error message:

    The file could not be copied atquad6os.sys to C:\$win_nt$.~tb\atquad6os.sys

    Sir André, Mar 11, 2008
  5. damonjw

    Chris H Guest

    I'd check with whoever handles your campus IT department for their guidance.
    If the machine came with Vista installed, you're going to be chasing drivers
    that run under XP Pro anyway, so get the local professional involved.

    Chris H, Mar 12, 2008
  6. damonjw

    Sir André Guest

    Thanks Chris,

    The reason I'm doing this is to preserve the 20 hours of teching done on the
    tablet (i.e. preserving programs, drivers, etc....). I'm am one of the IT
    department techs. & I did manage to get this to work. I ended up booting off
    the CD, feed it the RAID AHCI mobile drivers (F6 Disk) which is needed for
    doing a repair (the 2nd option, not the first one). About an hour later, I
    was on my way to the loggin screen.

    At this point, I'm currently doing MS Updates as we speak. WGAVT update was
    giving me futs, but I got around that. ePO client did not want to install,
    got around that too. If you like, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

    P.S.
    The touchscreen & writing recognition works, but having issues getting the
    touchscreen keyboard to display. Any suggestions? I

    Sir André, Mar 13, 2008
  7. damonjw

    Chris H Guest

    My brain isn't exactly in gear yet this morning. Is the path to launch the
    keyboard correct? Might want to search for the exe file from the link and
    make sure it exists.

    Chris H, Mar 13, 2008
  8. damonjw

    Sir André Guest

    I can't install the remaining of 93 updates. However, I got the touchpad
    keyboard working by trying to reinstall Win XP SP2 where it said it was
    partially installed. Now I still can't install the remaining updates 82
    updates, so I tried installing Win XP SP3 RC2 . I'm down to 8 updates now,
    but I had to leave the tablet scheduled to do the WAU for tonight. Will see
    what happens in the morning. I don't like the new Windows Update
    troubleshooter, very general and it did not like my search term "updates
    failed" which it found nothing.

    Andre

    Sir André, Mar 14, 2008
  9. damonjw

    Guest

    "damonjw" wrote:

    > I have a computer with Windows XP Professional installed. I recently board a
    > SmartTech interactive whiteboard, which comes with some crummy software. I'd
    > like to use the Windows XP Tablet software instead.
    >
    > How can I upgrade my Windows XP Pro to Windows XP Tablet Edition? I can't
    > see any straightforward download on microsoft.com.
    >
    > If it's any help, I am an MSDN subscriber (through my university), so it
    > seems I can download the Windows XP Tablet SDK. But I don't want an SDK, I
    > just want the software.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Damon.

    , May 8, 2008