Hp 2230S buy or not

Discussion in 'HP' started by Brus, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. Brus

    Brus Guest

    I have money just to buy this.
    The HP Compaq 2230s Notebook PC features a 12.1-inch diagonal display, the
    IntelCoreT2 Duo, 2 Gb ram, 160 gb disc, Intel GMA 4500.
    I need for student purposes.
    Is it good notebook ?
    Will it last for 5 to 6 years ?

    1. Advertising

  2. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Brus wrote:
    > I have money just to buy this.
    > The HP Compaq 2230s Notebook PC features a 12.1-inch diagonal display, the
    > IntelCoreT2 Duo, 2 Gb ram, 160 gb disc, Intel GMA 4500.
    > I need for student purposes.
    > Is it good notebook ?
    > Will it last for 5 to 6 years ?

    Don't know much about it. Specs seem pretty impressive, and the small
    screen size makes it very portable to carry around between dorm-or-home
    and classroom and library.

    The fact that it is a "business" laptop is favorable, because HPaq, like
    everyone else these days, tends to sell poorly made laptops to consumers.

    Check the reviews of the 2230s on-line. One review sees a disadvantage
    in the design of the screen, with too much flex in it.

    I use a much older IBM X31, the same size and weight as the 2230s. I
    really like the small size for carrying around from place to place.

    .... Ben Myers