HP 6200N video question

Discussion in 'HP' started by Chet, Mar 31, 2011.

  1. Chet

    Chet Guest

    I have a HP 6200N desktop, purchased it new in the fall of 07, recently
    It has been acting up, not sure, But I have a feeling it might be the
    video card, every now and then the monitor changes tints from the normal
    white to a slight orange and and maybe a very light green tint, when
    this happens it try to correct itself going from the orange & green *
    back to normal, it takes a minute or so, but eventually it will get back
    to normal, can this be the video card, there are times when on the net I
    am typing, and when i am done typing I look at the screen and it did not
    complete what I typed, it takes a few seconds then the type completes
    and the cursor sometimes disappears and comes back. any suggestions on a
    video card, I do not play games but show photos and mess with cad programs.

    thanks
    Chet
    PS Are there any benchmark programs that might see is the video card.

    1. Advertising

  2. PaulJ

    PaulJ

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Leeds, UK
    Could be the video card, could be the monitor, could be the main board. You need to start swapping parts out one by one. First I'd try a new monitor on the existing video card, see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, it isn't the monitor.. move on to the video card... etc.