    without modifying PROM data ? As I stated, no kbd :( The processor board,
    only have a set of jumpers on the front.
    2) There is an adapter HIL-PS/2 or HIL-DIN ?

    supervinx, Oct 3, 2010

  2. supervinx

    Rick Jones Guest

    supervinx <> wrote:
    > Hi to all in this NG :)
    > I rescued an HP 9000 / 300 with a label "Upgraded to 375".
    > I have no HIL keyboard.
    > I connected it to an external monitor an saw bootup messages, but it
    > requested kbd intervention.
    > I tried to connect through the RS-232 port, but couldn't obtain console
    > access, no activity. Of course, the settings were the usual ones ;)

    > Now the questions:
    > 1) There's a way to abilitate console access through the RS-232 port
    > without modifying PROM data ? As I stated, no kbd :( The processor board,
    > only have a set of jumpers on the front.

    I don't recall if the 300 series could do this, but the 700 series, if
    you disconnected the graphics card (as in removed it from the chassis)
    the console would revert to the RS-232 port.

    > 2) There is an adapter HIL-PS/2 or HIL-DIN ?

    There were HIL to PS2 converters, finding one now might be more
    difficult than finding an HIL keyboard :)

    rick jones

    Rick Jones, Oct 5, 2010

  3. supervinx

    supervinx Guest

    > I don't recall if the 300 series could do this, but the 700 series, if
    > you disconnected the graphics card (as in removed it from the chassis)
    > the console would revert to the RS-232 port.

    Yes, I own some 700 and they works so.
    This old iron, instead, still request kbd intervention. The service
    manual says I can set the PROM, having a KBD, of course :(

    supervinx, Oct 5, 2010