hp compaq nx9020 - audio driver ?

Discussion in 'HP' started by Krzysztof Kwiecien, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. Hi!
    I`ve just purchased hp compaq nx 9020
    The problem is I can`t install audio driver
    Wnen i download driver from HP site
    after intalling two files are zipped into directory (nothing more)
    These are TEQ1.reg and TEQ1.bat
    I import the first one into the registery
    but completly have no idea what to do about the second one
    (I use WIN XP PRO so there is no DOS)
    I serached info in usenet archive but can`t find anything:(
    Please, help me to have sound in my notebook:)
    Thanks
    Chris

    PS Sorry for my English

    1. Advertising

  2. spawnd

    spawnd Guest

    I've got the same problem....
    first thing: on hp support site there are no audio drivers
    second: standart realtek ac97 drivers doesn't work for me
    third: send a question to a suppport, waiting for an answer

    hope my pc will also play some sound soon

    ps. Hey, Krzysztof...does your's one also is from MediaMarkt saleoff :)

    1. Advertising

  3. "spawnd" <> wrote in message
    > I've got the same problem....
    > first thing: on hp support site there are no audio drivers
    > second: standart realtek ac97 drivers doesn't work for me
    > third: send a question to a suppport, waiting for an answer
    >
    > hope my pc will also play some sound soon
    >
    > ps. Hey, Krzysztof...does your's one also is from MediaMarkt saleoff :)

    Since the modem is from Conexant, the audio subsystem is mostly likely from
    Conexant also...not RealTek.....

  4. spawnd

    spawnd Guest

    > Since the modem is from Conexant, the audio subsystem is mostly likely
    from
    > Conexant also...not RealTek.....

    Thanks for a tip.
    After 5 hours of combining with drivers made a sucess.
    Don't know for sure how I made it....
    uninnstaled the realtek ac97 drivers, modem drivers from hp site and graphic
    driver (I thought it could block the irq), next installed HSF ac97 drivers
    from conexant page http://www.conexant.com/support/files/HSFac97_WinXP.zip
    and 'voila'...the sound appeared. The last thing was to install again
    graphic card drivers.
    Hope this will help other.

  5. spawnd

    spawnd Guest

    or ....following the respond from hp support
    the drivers are on
    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp28001-28500/28230.exe

    U¿ytkownik "spawnd" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > > Since the modem is from Conexant, the audio subsystem is mostly likely

    > from
    > > Conexant also...not RealTek.....

    > Thanks for a tip.
    > After 5 hours of combining with drivers made a sucess.
    > Don't know for sure how I made it....
    > uninnstaled the realtek ac97 drivers, modem drivers from hp site and

    graphic
    > driver (I thought it could block the irq), next installed HSF ac97 drivers
    > from conexant page http://www.conexant.com/support/files/HSFac97_WinXP.zip
    > and 'voila'...the sound appeared. The last thing was to install again
    > graphic card drivers.
    > Hope this will help other.

  6. BRONCO

    BRONCO Guest

    U have to install BIOS driver and that's all.))