HP HP Compaq

Discussion in 'HP' started by Chuck McReynolds, Aug 9, 2012.

  1. Hello
    My company is preparing to replace all our Dell SX270
    SmallFormFactors.
    Because we use HP Proliant Servers I thought it would be a good idea
    to replace the
    Dell’s with HP UltraSlim and/or SFF. Thus I started to look at current
    models, used models, refurbished models to get a feel on what HP
    offered new and old.

    I ended up reasonably confused. I have HP, HP Compaq, Proliant,
    Pavillion and so forth.
    To list a few I have HP DC7800, DC7900, HP 6200, HP Compaq 8200-8300
    Elite, HP z220, HP Compaq 4000 and so forth. At least with Dell one
    can buy a SFF in one purchase area. With Hp the sales are generously
    scattered from one HP site to another HP site.

    I have no idea is HP and HP Compaq is one company?
    What I need to know so I can present to management should we consider
    buying be it used, refurbished, new for our business workstations HP
    or HP Compaq. I have studied the specs on all models and I see the
    progressive evolution. Xp to Vista to Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The
    intel core, memory, sata drives. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks