    wire is for, or where it's supposed to go!

    Can somebody help?

    TIA and HAND(Have A Nice Day)!

    Roy, Aug 24, 2010

  2. Roy

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Aug 24, 10:02 am, Roy <> wrote:
    > Hi! I recently replaced the motherboard on my a6720f, and while it
    > works great, there's one thing that has me stumped: There's a little
    > wire with a five-hole socket on it coming from a small circuit board
    > right over the rear fan (the chassis fan). I have NO IDEA what this
    > wire is for, or where it's supposed to go!
    >
    > Can somebody help?
    >
    > TIA and HAND(Have A Nice Day)!

    I'm sure Ben will chime-in on this.

    Bob Villa, Sep 2, 2010

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 03:57:56 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
    <> wrote:

    >On Aug 24, 10:02 am, Roy <> wrote:
    >> Hi! I recently replaced the motherboard on my a6720f, and while it
    >> works great, there's one thing that has me stumped: There's a little
    >> wire with a five-hole socket on it coming from a small circuit board
    >> right over the rear fan (the chassis fan). I have NO IDEA what this
    >> wire is for, or where it's supposed to go!
    >>
    >> Can somebody help?
    >>
    >> TIA and HAND(Have A Nice Day)!

    >I'm sure Ben will chime-in on this.

    Oops! Never mind: it was just the WLAN. It confused me because the
    circuit board is so close to the fan, it looked like it was PART of
    the fan. (It confused HP Tech Support, too. Useless!) It plugged into
    one of those 5-pin USB sockets. I thought all along that that was the
    only thing that connector could go to, but I kept thinking "Why would
    a fan be connected to the USB?"

    Live and learn!

    Roy, Sep 4, 2010