HP S7300CL/ MSI MS-6577 /underpowered system/ Pcalert4

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by FewLeh, Feb 19, 2007.

1. FewLeh

FewLeh

Hey, thanks in advance for any advice..

Im running a MS 6577 based system..2.6 gig p4, 512mb 2700 ram, just upgraded psu to 400w,

Its effectively the HP S7300CL stock machine though..And it's always seemed to have power problems..ive tried a new powersupply (upgraded stock 240w to 400w) cpu, heatsink and fan..but when I try and run games, the whole thing goes mental and slow and jerky, and even games like quake2 will barely run (20-60fps). It almost sounds like theres a blockage every milisecond or so somewhere in the machine, as it runs quick, goes grainy and laggy for a split second, then smooth for a split, etc etc..feels like something is holding it back. Pcalert tells me that the 12v ?channel? is only registering at 2.34v .. whereas the 5v channel, is running at 5v. What does this mean is going on with my pc? Is it something to do with the underpowering issue you think? Oh, and running some benchmarking, i got a video score of 30..compared to most other machines getting 150's . Any thoughts would be welcome, as I've been faffing with this problem for the last year or so now. It even has trouble rendering fullscreen movies.. Pcalert also flashes red saying that my psu fan is only running at 1700. Is that normal, or is pcalert getting worried over nothing? One other thing that is strange, is that when I went to upgrade the onboard intel graphics I found that the AGP slot was missing?! So ive had to settle for some PCI graphics..any obvious issues with that? When i'm attempting to play these games, theres always dodgy repeated sounds and echoing coming through with the jerky pixelated gfx. Many many thanks

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
    FewLeh, Feb 19, 2007
Ask a Question