HP's attitude sucks

Discussion in 'HP' started by shahflix, Jun 17, 2010.

1. shahflix

shahflix

I bought a HP Pavilion DV5 Laptop in July last year (in India). It had a standard one year warranty with an option to renew the same by two years - if done before the one year expires. For the past week I have called their service center and asked them to renew my warranty (for which I am willing to pay them). However they refuse saying HP has stopped offering extension of warranty.

Straight away I am also given the Cell number of their 'Country Head' for HP Care Pack - one Mr. D. Mohan Kumar (Cell number +91-8122007272). I am told that I should contact him for any further questions.

This Mr D. Mohan Kumar says that 'As per a business policy decision' they have stopped extended warranties. He then advices me to buy a warranty from some third party service provider. This attitude really sucks. If this is the case then they should also stop selling all Laptops in India. I am sure that HP will not dare to take such an action in US/Europe.

My request to everyone - Please STOP BUYING any HP Laptops or other products. Show them that they cannot get away with shoddy business practices. Prove to them that Consumer is the King and they cannot make unliateral decisions.

shahflix, Jun 17, 2010
Ask a Question