I Need Help on my Gateway laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by tony hays, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. tony hays

    tony hays Guest

    I Need Help on my Gateway laptop
    It is about 2 years old with moderate
    daily use (Wife game player).

    I was using it one evening and having a problem
    getting on line with the WIFI when I went to
    reboot it, it just would not restart. the power
    button would not start or lite up. I always mostly
    keep it plugged in. So I know there is plenty of power to it.
    So for a week I left it unplugged and when I
    plugged the power cord in the showed it
    was taking a charge, so after it turned green
    with full charge so nothing when I push the power
    switch. my thinking it is in the power on/off button

    any help out there as to what to do would be greatly
    appreciated.

    no money to put it in the shop .
    what's a mother to do!!! thanks for your help

    Tony

    tony hays, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Unfortunately, it's probably not the button itself.

    The sad news is that usually these are motherboard problems, and a
    motherboard repair, like a screen replacement, costs about as much as a
    new laptop.

    There are other possible causes (mostly unlikely), but it will take a
    shop visit to even find out what the problem is.

    The best advice may be to sell the laptop on E-Bay (being honest about
    it's condition ... you may still get a couple hundred dollars for it)
    and buy a new one.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 3, 2007