    Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't know
    which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version of
    these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

    Jane H, Feb 17, 2005

  2. Any program that will run on a Windows XP machine will run on a Tablet which
    is basically Windows XP with the Tablet bits added. Having said that, for
    an Office application, you would want Office 2003, for the additional ink
    awareness that it has. Good luck.
    --
    Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
    Please reply to newsgroup only.

    Jim Pickering, Feb 17, 2005

  3. Jane H

    Chris H. Guest

    The Office 2003 version is the best, but which flavor you want depends on
    your needs. You can check out the choices here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/default.mspx Remember,
    the OneNote program, which is part of the Office "family," is not part of
    any Office suite and would be a separate purchase if you're interested.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Feb 17, 2005
  4. Get Office 2003 or higher.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Jane H wrote:
    > I bought a Tablet pc last year with Windows XP os - but I also want to use
    > Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook software on the computer. I don't know
    > which application package to buy - is there a specific Tablet pc version of
    > these applications or can I use a standard Windows Office suite?

    Is it just Windows XP, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition? What is the
    model of the Tablet?

    Mike Williams [MVP], Feb 18, 2005
  6. Jane H

    Colin Walker Guest

    Don't forget - if you've already got Office XP rather than 2003 you can
    always get the Microsoft Office XP Pack for Tablet PC, see:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...48-269B-4838-AB9E-74B64626A494&displaylang=en

    Colin Walker, Feb 21, 2005