IBM PC 300GL Goes Black After Hour

Discussion in 'IBM' started by jordoe28, Aug 3, 2006.

1. jordoe28

jordoe28

I recently purchased a used IBM PC 300GL for my brother. The computer came completely wiped with a fresh install of Windows 98 SE on it. This computer was not meant to be used for much, I just needed something in my room to type up school reports and upload pictures off my camera from it. I didn't even hook it up to the internet.

The problem I'm having however, is super annoying. The computer runs fine for about 1 hour and then suddenly the screen goes black and I'm forced to turn it off and restart it, losing any unsaved information. When the screen goes black, the green light on the PC is still on, as if it were running but I can't see anything but the black screen so I don't know if the programs are still running as well. :confused:

At first I thought it might be my IBM moniter so I hooked the computer up downstairs onto my DELL moniter however the same problem happened, it just goes black.

Can anyone help me with this?

jordoe28, Aug 3, 2006
Ask a Question