    driver for xp.

    All I hear is somekind of barely audible beeping noise, when i load up
    a webpage with flsh in it.. Please help.

    Al, May 22, 2004

  2. Al

    Teknoho Guest

    Re: t20 audio on windows xp pro..help!

    Al wrote:
    > I just installed win xp pro on my t20 and now the sound is gone. I
    > have tried everything and can't get the sound back. Has anyone had
    > this type of problem?

    Press F1 at bootup, and make sure VOLUME BEEP is enabled in the BIOS - some T2x
    machines choke otherwise for reasons unknown to me.

    If that does not work download and reinstall the latest audio drivers from the
    IBM site. Remove the old ones first and refuse when XP detects new hardware and
    tries to install them.

    Make sure volumes are all up and nothing is plugged into the sounds ports.

    Check \system properties\hardware tab\device manager for any signs of trouble
    (sound, video and game controllers).

    Good luck.

    Teknoho, May 22, 2004