IBM T21 LCD Problem

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Mike Cook, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Mike Cook

    Mike Cook Guest

    T21 LCD Problem

    My T21 was dropped about 4 feet onto stone steps, suffered some damage to
    the case, has worked perfectly since except for the following. I started to
    get horizontal lines on the LCD display. If I pushed on the LCD on the left
    side where the lines were, they would disappear for a short while. If I
    stuffed a small scrap of paper in between the LCD and the plastic case, the
    lines would disappear. The lines have progressively gotten worse however,
    and now do not disappear with anything I can do. Does this seem like a bad
    LCD? If so, I might try to replace it. Thanks for any advice.

    --Mike

    1. Advertising

  2. Re: T21 LCD Problem

    Hello Mike,
    Exactly the same thing happened to me 3 years ago with a 770X. A red one
    pixel Line ran down the screen at first and it got worse. Pressing on it
    from the back of the LCD made the lines dissapear or multiply. I had it
    repaired and it cost me 3000 DM (1.500 $).
    I am almost certain that they did not replace the LCD. System Board, Graphic
    Card and DCDC Card were replaced.
    But it had much more damage than yours I guess so you should not have to pay
    so much if you send it in for repair. I dont think you can fix it yourself
    by replacing Parts.

    Hope this helps.

    Torsten.