IBM T23 CMOS Battery - Date Time

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by TomM, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. TomM

    TomM Guest

    T23 CMOS Battery - Date Time

    I recently replaced the screen on my T23 and in following the
    instructions I removed the main battery as well as the CMOS battery.

    After I put it back together I got an error that required me to set the
    system date/time.

    I thought maybe by coincidence the CMOS battery had died so I replaced
    it. I think I got the connector attached properly but it is hard to
    tell. Anyhow I still get the error.

    Anyone have any idea what else it could be

    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. JHEM

    JHEM Guest

    Re: T23 CMOS Battery - Date Time

    TomM wrote:

    > I thought maybe by coincidence the CMOS battery had died so I replaced
    > it. I think I got the connector attached properly but it is hard to
    > tell. Anyhow I still get the error.

    Anytime you remove the CMOS battery you'll be prompted to set the date and
    time on each BOOT.

    Same goes if the battery isn't connected correctly. Check the connector
    again and make sure it's "clicked" in place.
    --
    James

    Visit the Thinkpad Forums
    http://forum.thinkpads.com