    what's the groups consensus on the best of the last true thinkpads out
    there including configuration t50, t51, t60? any and all ideas greatly
    appreciated tia jack

    jape, Mar 9, 2011

  2. jape

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: t42 stuck on restore and rapid recovery after reloading thinkpad recovery discs?!?

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs jape wrote:
    > after installing all 8 discs in order that i received from lenovo
    > after hard drive replacement under wtty. and have the latest recovery
    > and rapid restore installed from lenovo thru the thinkpad toolbox it's
    > stuck in a loop of rebooting into the restore and rapid recovery. also
    > getting a message that diagnostics not loaded for hardware
    > diagnostics. any ideas. i'm now waiting on the lenovo site to update
    > all lenovo recomended updates. any ideas? also if the systems doa
    > what's the groups consensus on the best of the last true thinkpads out
    > there including configuration t50, t51, t60? any and all ideas greatly
    > appreciated tia jack

    Hi Jack,

    It's still under warranty right? Talk to Lenovo about your 'ground-hog day'
    loop.

    There's no such ThinkPads as T50 or T51. If you want informed opinions on
    what is the best IBM made / designed TP ("true thinkpads") there's a good
    thread on forums.thinkpads, They've said it all, and more than you'd likely
    get here. Google is your friend.
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    ~misfit~, Mar 11, 2011

  3. jape

    Bob Villa Guest

    Re: t42 stuck on restore and rapid recovery after reloading thinkpadrecovery discs?!?

    On Mar 10, 11:38 pm, "~misfit~" <>
    wrote:

    > Talk to Lenovo about your 'ground-hog day'
    > loop.

    One of my favorite movies!

    Bob Villa, Mar 11, 2011
  4. jape

    jape Guest

    wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs jape wrote:
    >
    > > after installing all 8 discs in order that i received from lenovo
    > > after hard drive replacement under wtty. and have the latest recovery
    > > and rapid restore installed from lenovo thru the thinkpad toolbox it's
    > > stuck in a loop of rebooting into the restore and rapid recovery. also
    > > getting a message that diagnostics not loaded for hardware
    > > diagnostics. any ideas. i'm now waiting on the lenovo site to update
    > > all lenovo recomended  updates. any ideas? also if the systems doa
    > > what's the groups consensus on the best of the last true thinkpads out
    > > there including configuration t50, t51, t60? any and all ideas greatly
    > > appreciated tia jack

    > Hi Jack,
    >
    > It's still under warranty right? Talk to Lenovo about your 'ground-hog day'
    > loop.
    >
    > There's no such ThinkPads as T50 or T51. If you want informed opinions on
    > what is the best IBM made / designed TP ("true thinkpads") there's a good
    > thread on forums.thinkpads, They've said it all, and more than you'd likely
    > get here. Google is your friend.
    > --
    > Shaun.
    >
    > "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
    > monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also
    > into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    it finishished loading windows after rebooting with 7 of 7 cd in then
    out then in the cd/dvd combo drive?;) i'd now like to set it up for
    max efficiency/speed. any ideas? one of the last true ibm(although
    built by lenovo) t-pads & been very happy with it. recently got a
    lenovo g560 and don't like it. how hard/wise to load win 7 home
    premium or ultimate on the t42p? any other suggestions. it's got the 2
    ghz proc, 2 gigs of ram, 60gig 7200rpm hdd, bluetooth, 15 in screen,
    etc. tia, jack

    jape, Mar 11, 2011
  5. jape

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: t42 stuck on restore and rapid recovery after reloading thinkpad recovery discs?!?

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs jape wrote:
    > On Mar 10, 11:38 pm, "~misfit~" <>
    > wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs jape wrote:
    >>
    >>> after installing all 8 discs in order that i received from lenovo
    >>> after hard drive replacement under wtty. and have the latest
    >>> recovery and rapid restore installed from lenovo thru the thinkpad
    >>> toolbox it's stuck in a loop of rebooting into the restore and
    >>> rapid recovery. also getting a message that diagnostics not loaded
    >>> for hardware diagnostics. any ideas. i'm now waiting on the lenovo
    >>> site to update all lenovo recomended updates. any ideas? also if
    >>> the systems doa what's the groups consensus on the best of the last
    >>> true thinkpads out there including configuration t50, t51, t60? any
    >>> and all ideas greatly appreciated tia jack

    >> Hi Jack,
    >>
    >> It's still under warranty right? Talk to Lenovo about your
    >> 'ground-hog day' loop.
    >>
    >> There's no such ThinkPads as T50 or T51. If you want informed
    >> opinions on what is the best IBM made / designed TP ("true
    >> thinkpads") there's a good thread on forums.thinkpads, They've said
    >> it all, and more than you'd likely get here. Google is your friend.

    > it finishished loading windows after rebooting with 7 of 7 cd in then
    > out then in the cd/dvd combo drive?;) i'd now like to set it up for
    > max efficiency/speed. any ideas? one of the last true ibm(although
    > built by lenovo) t-pads & been very happy with it.

    The (4:3) T60 was the last mostly IBM TP. Most wear a Lenovo nametag on the
    bezel but make no mistake, they were designed by the IBM team to IBM
    standards. However by the time they came to manufacture Lenovo had the
    rights to badge them with their name *as well as* IBM. T61 was Lenovo only.

    > recently got a
    > lenovo g560 and don't like it. how hard/wise to load win 7 home
    > premium or ultimate on the t42p? any other suggestions. it's got the 2
    > ghz proc, 2 gigs of ram, 60gig 7200rpm hdd, bluetooth, 15 in screen,
    > etc. tia, jack

    T42p should handle W7 fine, just don't make that hot-running GPU work hard
    24/7 running Aero.

    ~misfit~, Mar 11, 2011
  6. jape

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bob Villa wrote:
    > On Mar 10, 11:38 pm, "~misfit~" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Talk to Lenovo about your 'ground-hog day'
    >> loop.

    > One of my favorite movies!

    Heh! Yeah, a classic alright. I watch it again every few years. :)

    ~misfit~, Mar 11, 2011