IBM T43 wireless FnF% and Acess Connections finding new connections.

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Angelo Campanella, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. T43 wireless FnF% and Acess Connections finding new connections.

    The T43 is a very good wireless machine as far as range and sensitivity
    is concerned.

    But the control software is a nightmare. I have trouble seeing the same
    FnF5 screen from week to week. Some Gremlin is changing tings.

    When Access Connections used to be up and running right, I could find
    and connect to wireless serviices easily in mt travels, icluding hotels
    with free wireless, etc, conventoins, etc.

    But now after many false starts, and then weeks of good functioning,
    all of a sudden things have changed, and I do not know how to trouble
    shoot this specific problem. Right now, my FnF5 allows me to start
    Access Conenctions, but the only connections that are listed are about a
    half dozen old connections I have made in the past 6 months. The searh
    method for exisiting wireless signals is now locked out. There are no
    leads as to kow to reacivate it.

    Any help in getting the searrch function back will be appreciared.

    Angelo Campanella

    Angelo Campanella, Aug 28, 2008