IBM T60 vista upgrade

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by tmfast, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. tmfast

    tmfast Guest

    T60 vista upgrade

    Hey all,
    I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video. Just
    received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if anyone has done
    this yet. I really like my machine the way it is. Everything works great, no
    problems at all. I am using office & visio 2003.
    My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?
    Will that aero work on this?

    1. Advertising

  2. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Re: T60 vista upgrade

    tmfast wrote:

    > I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video.
    > Just received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if
    > anyone has done this yet. I really like my machine the way it is.
    > Everything works great, no problems at all. I am using office &
    > visio 2003. My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP
    > if I don't like vista? Will that aero work on this?

    I don't know, but Vista is a disaster. See the following links.

    -- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
    -- Thomas Matthews

  3. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Re: T60 vista upgrade

    If the laptop is working the way you like it why go to Vista? Vista is in
    it's early buggy stage. I wouldn't go to it for at least a year.The only
    reason to go to it is if something you needed would only run on Vista...

    "tmfast" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    > I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video. Just
    > received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if anyone has
    > done this yet. I really like my machine the way it is. Everything works
    > great, no problems at all. I am using office & visio 2003.
    > My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?
    > Will that aero work on this?

  4. noname

    noname Guest

    Re: T60 vista upgrade

    tmfast wrote:

    > My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?

    If you have the original recovery cd's for the XP system, then yes. It
    overwrites all data to a factory restore for that OS. No matter what OS
    you put on the disk before.
    But don't count on the system to restore to the XP state from the rescue
    and recovery partition after you installed Vista on it from the
    IBM/Lenovo CD/DVD.
    My suggestion is if you like the system and only want to experiment with
    Vista: just use a second harddisk, install the XP system and try the
    upgrade on that disk. Imho Vista is not worth the upgrade if you like
    the system now. Besides the fact the OS has not proven itselve yet.
    S.

  5. tmfast

    tmfast Guest

    Re: T60 vista upgrade

    Whoa,
    Thats all I need to hear. Thank you all for your advise. I did not have a
    good fealing about just doing it. I will just leave it alone. I will shelf
    the Vista, and look at it.

    "tmfast" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    > I bought a T60 in December 06, Opted for the ATI Radeon 128 video. Just
    > received a vista upgrade DVD from lenovo. Just wondering if anyone has
    > done this yet. I really like my machine the way it is. Everything works
    > great, no problems at all. I am using office & visio 2003.
    > My question is: Can I restore my system back to XP if I don't like vista?
    > Will that aero work on this?

  6. Guest

    Re: T60 vista upgrade

    On Mar 20, 9:59 pm, "tmfast" <> wrote:
    > Hey all,
    > Just received a vista upgrade

    vista upgrade.... there's an oxymoron! ;-)

  7. Re: T60 vista upgrade

    wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 9:59 pm, "tmfast" <> wrote:
    >> Hey all,
    >> Just received a vista upgrade

    > vista upgrade.... there's an oxymoron! ;-)

    Jeanette wrote:
    I have my vista upgrade sitting on my shelf waiting for the next time I
    need to reinstall XP.

    Right now everything is great so no rush to Vista

  8. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Re: T60 vista upgrade

    Jeanette Russo wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> On Mar 20, 9:59 pm, "tmfast" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Just received a vista upgrade

    >> vista upgrade.... there's an oxymoron! ;-)

    > I have my vista upgrade sitting on my shelf waiting for the next
    > time I need to reinstall XP.
    >
    > Right now everything is great so no rush to Vista

    Read the following URLs