iBook Screen Saver problem

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Eric P., Sep 16, 2006.

  1. Eric P.

    Eric P. Guest

    Hello,

    A friend has an iBook (I think she's running Tiger), and has set
    the Screen Saver to display random images from a certain folder.
    She's set the delay before sleep to be shorter than the delay
    in the battery saving settings, because she wants the screen
    saver to show before/instead of the screen blacking out. However,
    the screen always blacks out first, but the screen saver is running
    "behind" it. She can tell this because, when she wakes the computer
    again, the last screen saver image shows for an instant, and then
    it goes away and the desktop appears.

    The delay before screen saver is set to about three minutes, the
    delay in the battery saving settings to about five or seven minutes.

    Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I checked the settings for her,
    and they look right to make the screen saver work, but we're both
    stumped here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    TIA,
    Eric

    Eric P., Sep 16, 2006

  2. Eric P.

    Király Guest

    Eric P. <> wrote:
    > The delay before screen saver is set to about three minutes, the
    > delay in the battery saving settings to about five or seven minutes.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I checked the settings for her,
    > and they look right to make the screen saver work, but we're both
    > stumped here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    Try deleting these three files:

    /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist
    Homefolder/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.screensaver.whichever-one-has-the-most-recent-modified-date-and-time.plist
    Homefolder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

    Then go back to System Preferences and try setting them again.

    --
    K.

    Lang may your lum reek.

    Király, Sep 16, 2006