    Is it possible to connect power cables from an ATX 2.2 Psu to an ICG-7
    mobo?

    The spec for ICG-7 sys ATX form factor, but maybe there is some way.
    Lars, Mar 7, 2008

  2. Lars

    Bob Knowlden Guest

    I'm not knowledgeable about ATX standards, but according to the Wikipedia
    article:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

    an ATX 12V 2.2 power supply would be completely compatible with an IC7-G
    mainboard.

    You need a 20 pin ATX power connector, plus a 4 pin 12V connector. The ATX
    12V 2.2 standard lists a 20+4 ATX connector (perfectly compatible with both
    20 and 24 pin power connectors) and the 4 pin 12V connector.

    You want to check the specifications before you buy, but you should be fine
    if you purchase a good PSU of recent design.

    Return address scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

    Bob Knowlden, Mar 10, 2008

  3. Lars

    Lars Guest

    Previously, on Usenet "Bob Knowlden" <> wrote:

    >You need a 20 pin ATX power connector, plus a 4 pin 12V connector. The ATX
    >12V 2.2 standard lists a 20+4 ATX connector (perfectly compatible with both
    >20 and 24 pin power connectors) and the 4 pin 12V connector.

    Thankyou Bob. I bought a "converter cable" to fix the difference
    between ATX 2.2's 24 pin power plug and the previous standard of 20
    pins. And there is indeed a separate 4 pin plug as well.

    I am all up and running again.
    Lars, Mar 10, 2008