    these drivers come with the IC7-MAX3?
    Any tips appreciated!
    Chris.

    Chris, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Chris

    T.F Guest

    if you run xp pro with service pack 1 theres no problems...
    regards
    Tommy

    "Chris" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > I'm about to set up a brand new IC7-MAX3 mobo with 3 new Maxtor SATA

    drives
    > (200Gb each) & install XP Pro SP1.
    > I'm terribly confused about all this 137Gb max drive size stuff, etc.
    > Can anyone explain how I should get XP installed on this setup?
    > Do I need to use MaxBlast3 to format/partition the drives?
    > Do I need any 'big drive enabler' stuff?
    > Do I need to load special SATA drivers during XP install? If I need any,

    do

    T.F, Sep 28, 2003

  3. Chris

    Courseyauto Guest

    That 137 gb applys to95, 98 and ME,not an NTFS OS.

    Courseyauto, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Just done the same thing. (Same HW)
    I installed XP on the max partition size, then upgraded XP to latest SP. I
    then used Partition Magic and resized it up to max and took away aprox. 7mb.
    (I did that because I've seen that other tools don't use 100% of disk. There
    are always about 7mb left.)

    SpeedyGonzales

    SpeedyGonzales, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thx for the info. Did you have to load any special SATA drivers during the
    first part of the XP setup (the part where you can press F6 to load
    additional drivers)? I will NOT be using RAID.

    Chris, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Chris

    TomG Guest

    stay away from the MaxBlast software...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 117,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Sep 29, 2003
  7. Chris

    TomG Guest

    uh, actually, the 137 gig limitation is also known as lack of 48 bit LBA
    support. if your hardware OR OS do not support 48 bit LBA, then you cannot
    go above about the 120 gig mark. The non-SP1 version of XP did not support
    48 bit LBA out of the box without a registry tweak.

    TomG, Sep 29, 2003
  8. Chris

    TomG Guest

    you would need to load the SATA drivers even without raid if you are going
    to install the OS on the SATA drives.

    TomG, Sep 29, 2003
  9. Nope...just ran the XP install.
    XP had the appropiate driver for SATA, and you will see the drive in the
    install list. You sould had it as only drive when you install XP. (I did).

    SpeedyGonzales

    SpeedyGonzales, Sep 29, 2003
  10. Nor did Windows 2000 prior to SP3.

    Colon Terminus, Sep 29, 2003
  11. Chris

    TomG Guest

    as a matter of fact, I concur. I am running the SATA controller right now
    in non-raid mode and did not need to load the driver. it is only when you
    enable raid mode and the raid bios that you need to use the driver. thanks
    for keeping me straight.

    TomG, Sep 30, 2003