ide0: reset timed-out, status=0xd0

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by KAKU, Oct 24, 2008.

  1. KAKU

    KAKU Guest

    I have just posted this to comp.sys.sun.admin,
    but it looks proper to post it to this group.
    Please help!!!

    Hello,
    Recently, I have following error messages to console from 2 sunfire
    computers, v240 and v210.

    Error message:
    =====
    ide0: reset timed-out, status=-xd0
    hda: staus timeout, status-0xd0 { Busy }
    hda: drive not ready for command
    end_request: I/O error dev 03:01 (hda) sector 262360
    EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,1)): ext2-write-inode: unable to read
    inode block - inode=16650, block=32795
    =====

    I don't think I have any ide drive connected, both computers have
    2x73GB SCSI disks install.
    One has DVD drive, another one doesn't. Also I don't think my computer
    has EXT2 file system.
    I also have another v210, that works fine without error messages.

    Anyone has the same problem? or anyone knows the reason?
    TIA,
    KAKU