    I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right but
    I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.

    Larry

    Larry, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Larry

    Tom Scales Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:0t1ng.156188$...
    > If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
    > gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may
    > find it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux
    > and I am just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall
    > app somehow gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
    > I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right
    > but I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
    >
    > Larry

    "I did it on my Dell that is my main comp"

    Don't ever do that.

    BETA MEANS BETA.

    If you don't have a test machine, then betas are NOT for you.

    Tom Scales, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Larry

    journey Guest

    Try Mozilla Firefox, it's much better. I don't like what I see of IE
    7 so far. Why can't MS develop a lean, mean, feature-rich non-bloated
    browser? I mean come on, with the power of PCs these days there is no
    excuse.

    I have been using Sea Monkey and like that quite a bit.

    journey, Jun 24, 2006
  4. Larry

    Notan Guest

    journey wrote:

    > Try Mozilla Firefox, it's much better. I don't like what I see of IE
    > 7 so far. Why can't MS develop a lean, mean, feature-rich non-bloated
    > browser? I mean come on, with the power of PCs these days there is no
    > excuse.

    You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
    coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
    utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.

    Notan

    Notan, Jun 24, 2006
  5. Larry

    Jan Guest

    In article <0t1ng.156188$>,
    says...
    > If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
    > gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may find
    > it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux and I am
    > just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall app somehow
    > gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
    > I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right but
    > I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
    >
    > Larry

    I have installed it twice and removed it twice with no problems. I also
    run adaware and spybot.

    You are right tho - it does suck.
    --

    Cheers!

    Jan

    Jan, Jun 24, 2006
  6. Larry

    journey Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:47:13 -0600, Notan
    <> wrote:

    >You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
    >coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
    >utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.
    >
    >Notan

    Right, I agree. But I think some companies have gotten sloppy with
    their programming. Micro-Sloth seems to be a good example with many
    of its products.

    journey, Jun 24, 2006
  7. Larry

    <> wrote:

    >You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
    >coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
    >utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.
    >
    >Notan

    I think my use of the word "tight" was not what I really wanted to
    convey. I mean a program that responds very quickly (esp. if similar
    programs from other companies have shown that it's possible). For it
    to have a very well thought out and effective user interface. For it
    to have a good feature set of features that will be used, and an
    optional feature set that can be added on (for power users) without
    compromising the speed or complexity.

    OK, I can't express myself concisely lol. But hopefully most of the
    meaning of what I want to convey comes across. When I look at IE7
    beta 2 it looks like a cartoon. I mean wtf, is that the best that MS
    can do?

    Who knows, maybe MS wants there to be credible competition so that it
    keeps the anti-monopoly people at bay.

    Maybe the huge object libraries contribute to software bloat -- I
    don't know, I'm not a Visual C++ MFC programmer. I think MS could do
    a LOT better.

    I used Opera a long time ago and it was light years ahead of IE.

    journey, Jun 24, 2006
  8. Larry

    Notan Guest

    journey wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:47:13 -0600, Notan
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >You've got it backwards... Powerful PCs make it possible to run poorly
    > >coded programs. When PCs had little memory to work with, it was of the
    > >utmost importance to write tight, efficiently coded programs.
    > >
    > >Notan

    > I think my use of the word "tight" was not what I really wanted to
    > convey. I mean a program that responds very quickly (esp. if similar
    > programs from other companies have shown that it's possible). For it
    > to have a very well thought out and effective user interface. For it
    > to have a good feature set of features that will be used, and an
    > optional feature set that can be added on (for power users) without
    > compromising the speed or complexity.
    >
    > <snip>

    Uh, Journey? You didn't use the word "tight." I did. <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Jun 24, 2006
  9. Larry

    journey Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:31:48 -0600, Notan
    <> wrote:

    >Uh, Journey? You didn't use the word "tight." I did. <g>
    >
    >Notan

    Acccccccccck

    I think it's past my bedtime lol

    journey, Jun 24, 2006
  10. Larry

    W Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    > If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6. When IE7
    > gets out of beta you have to remove the beta 2 one. Guess what, you may
    > find it don't remove and you cannot do a system restore. Besides it sux
    > and I am just getting Dell running after feformatting C: The uninstall
    > app somehow gets removed with adaware or spybot then you are SOL.
    > I hope this helps someone and I may not have all the facts exactly right
    > but I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
    >
    > Larry

    Strange. I tried IE7 beta and uninstalled it and it reverted to IE6. Did
    not have any problem at all. Dell 8400
    Bill

    W, Jun 24, 2006
  11. Larry

    journey Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 02:30:20 GMT, "Larry" <>
    wrote:

    >If you install it its very hard to impossible to go back to IE6.

    I just uninstalled IE 7 beta 2 (feels good to get that crap off my
    system). It reverted to IE 6 with no problem. Maybe your spyware was
    overly aggressive or something.

    journey, Jun 24, 2006
  12. Larry

    Hank Arnold Guest

    BETA..............BETA................BETA................

    Did you read the documentation?? There are beta newsgroups that MS runs
    just for this purpose. Have you posted your problem there??

    I resolved all my lingering problems after uninstalling by creating a
    new logon profile................

    BTW, what has this got to do with Dells?????

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Jun 24, 2006
  13. Larry

    Hank Arnold Guest

    I agree about FF. There was not much new in IE that warranted pursuing
    it. Unfortunately, it's part of Vista and it will be included regardless
    of our opinions...

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Jun 24, 2006
  14. Larry

    Hank Arnold Guest

    There are known problems with WebRoot's SpySweeper and IE7. Some
    components are tagged as Root Kits and it "says" it quarantined them.
    They aren't or they come back.... It stayed there even after I
    unistalled it (IE6 worked fine).

    I finally ended up creating a new logon profile and that stopped the Spy
    Sweeper flags.........

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Jun 24, 2006
  15. Larry

    Larry Guest

    > SNIP

    > BTW, what has this got to do with Dells?????
    >
    > Regards,
    > Hank Arnold
    >
    >> I did it on my Dell that is my main comp.
    >>
    >> Larry

    >> SNIP

    >>Its got a lot to do with Dell cause I did it to my Dell. To those that had
    >>no problem uninstalling I am glad it worked for you. When I started tring
    >>to uninstall it I found a lot of users were having the same problem that I
    >>was, It would not go back to IE6. IE7 still a POS.

    Larry

    Larry, Jun 24, 2006
  16. Larry

    History Fan Guest

    IE 7 has some nice features, but it doesn't have anything not already
    available for Firefox. Plus the possibilities to customize Firefox are
    virtually unlimited. This may seem trivial, but I don't like the fact that
    you cannot move the URL and search bars with IE 7.

    History Fan, Jun 24, 2006
  17. Larry

    journey Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:13:08 -0400, "History Fan"
    <> wrote:

    > IE 7 has some nice features, but it doesn't have anything not already
    >available for Firefox. Plus the possibilities to customize Firefox are
    >virtually unlimited. This may seem trivial, but I don't like the fact that
    >you cannot move the URL and search bars with IE 7.

    Yes, it is very frustrating that the URL and search bars can't be
    moved. MS should take a User Interface 101 course. This is what
    happens when there is a monopoly -- they get sloppy and complacent. If
    MS was really in competition, I bet you would see much better
    products. I don't think Mozilla Firefox could be considered
    competition because MS could crush them with a good browser upgrade,
    and I think MS likes to have competition to keep the anti-monopoly
    people at bay.

    journey, Jun 24, 2006
  18. Larry

    Hank Arnold Guest

    The one thing missing from FF that I liked in IE is the "Personalized
    Menu". This is where the pull down for Favorites is reduced to the most
    commonly accessed items. You *can* put links on the bookmarks toolbar,
    but space is limited. I've learned to live with it, but I keep hoping
    someone will develop a plug-in..........

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Jun 25, 2006