ieee 1394a header

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mortda, Jul 25, 2009.

  1. mortda

    mortda

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    I have a Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT motherboard that I'm trying to connect the pins on the front panel of the case I"m using.
    There seems to be a slight difference in the Case plugs on the header cable and the connecting pins on the M/B header plug .
    The plugs on the cases cable are identified as such

    TPA+
    TPB+
    TPA -
    TPB -
    VCC
    Grnd
    Grnd

    were as the M/B header socket has the following pin identifications

    TPA+
    TPB+
    Grnd
    Grnd
    TPA -
    TPB -
    Power (12v)
    Power (12v)
    no pin
    Grnd

    Will the leaving out of the second power plug and extra ground plug make any diference to the connectability and operation of the single front 1394 socket?
    mortda, Jul 25, 2009