IL-8 freezes when using USB flash card reader

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Charlie, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I've got a very budget oriented system that I am very happy with....
    but it does have one annoying habit. If I use the front panel USB
    ports with a CF reader, it will from time to time freeze. No BSOD,
    nothing, just stone cold death. If I reset the machine, it will then
    refuse to boot, returning me repetitively to the "Windows XP, we're
    sorry menu". As soon as I remove the CF reader, all is well.

    This smells like a driver issue - or perhaps even bios considering how
    close usb support is wedded to the motherboard. Anyone experience
    this behavior? Suggestions?

    Thanks