In-Circuit programming of XC9500XL with PIC18F

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Rob Young, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. Rob Young

    Rob Young Guest

    I'm interested to know if anyone has successfully programmed a Xilinx
    XC9500XL CPLD with a PIC18F using the Xilinx JTAG/TAP port. I've been
    reading Xilinx app note 058 and it looks feasible. The inbound data stream
    (SVF or XSVF file) would be coming into the PIC18F via a USB connection.
    This is for the purposes of occasional field-upgrades, not the frequent
    reconfigurations you would have with an FPGA using the USB & PIC combination
    to eliminate its boot PROM.

    --
    Rob

    1. Advertising

  2. jyaron

    jyaron Guest

    It's possible. Been doing it for years.

    However, still using Foundation 3.1i because the .svf file generated is a
    reasonable size. I load the .xvf image into the uC flash memory then
    launch the JTAG flash routine.

    Did an .xvf to .h (Const data) translator in Delphi to link to HiTech-18
    compiler.