infinite loop and the driver ati2dvag Fix

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Peter, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I figured I would post this message to help people out. The infinite
    loop is a general message that posts to your system. The message is
    of course directly related to your Video Card adapter-driver. If is
    not specific to just one issue. People with Nvida cards, AMD
    motherboards, and other configurations can all have this issue.

    When you experience this problem ask yourself these questions:

    1. Do I have the most recent drivers for the Intel/AMD Chipset.
    Note: For example: Asus p4g8x- were shipped older drivers! If you
    installed the drivers off the disk included in your bundle go to the
    intel site and download the newest patch!

    Most likely this will solve your issue.

    2. Also, take note to be sure to uninstall your ATI drivers, and then
    install the newest versions.

    3. Make sure you have a Antec True Power Supply too... just because
    your power source says 350 Watts...means nothing. See Tom's harware
    for power supply artilces.

    Hope this helps.
    Peter, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Peter

    Archduke Guest

    Hi folks,

    glad to tell ya, that my ati2dvag error is gone. But I have to admit
    that it was none of the above mentioned tricks to cure it but my wife s
    idea to get the card out of the computer and to clean it carefully.
    Tons of dirt came out and when I put it back in, all ran fine like in
    our honeymoon.

    So add this tip to the above mentioned:

    .... clean ... your video-adapter

    hope this will help to cure these f errors on your systems,

    Gx Archduke
    Archduke, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Peter

    RickB Guest

    I also got rid of the bug. But I made no hardware changes. I had saved a
    disk image from a month earlier before I updated the ATI drivers. Since
    restoring that disk image - no loop. After restoring, I noticed that "Fast
    Writes" were disabled in my previous configuration. When I had installed
    the newer drivers, they had set this to enabled. I don't know if that was
    the cause, and I'm not changing anything to find out either.

    I'll live with the installed video driver as long as I possibly can now.

    RickB, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Peter

    ejazkhan

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    ati2dvag infinite loop error and its solution

    Hi Everybody,

    i have figured out the solution for this problem after suffering from repeated blue screen error of ati2dvag infinite loop.

    The problem is not with hardware instead there is a bug in software of ATI application.

    Solution is very simple. Install your graphics driver manually without running it through setup from the CD or any file.

    Newbies follow these steps to get the idea how to install manually

    1_ Right click on my computer select properties,
    2_Hardware\ Device Manager
    3_select vga adapter and right click on it, Update Driver>Yes This time only> from CD Or file.
    reboot your pc after install the driver.

    Best of Luck
    Ejaz Khan
    ejazkhan, Oct 6, 2009
  5. Peter

    SteveSy

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I tried all of the suggestions on the internet from changing my PCI driver under device manager, tried every version of driver available and removed the driver with DriverRemover Pro. I tried every possible bios setting related to the video card and PCIe adapter. Some things would make the system last longer but it would eventually always crash.

    I would get a constant VPU Error message after boot and then it would resort to software mode totally disabling performance. Eventually it would bluescreen with the infinite loop error.

    I finally tried updating the firmware for the bios...the problem has been resolved. 1 week of pulling my hair out and endless reboots trying to fix a driver that didn't need to be fixed.

    So...if you're experiencing this issue try this simple thing first.
    SteveSy, Nov 18, 2009
  6. Peter

    arv1

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    I have a 2 fixes for this that work Awesome !!

    I use Windows XP pro sp2 and when i first installed my SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 3850 512MB AGP, I was experiencing this ati2dvag error blue screen. It would crash all the time when watching videos and running games and i found 2 simple fixes that have solved the issue for me.

    1) Enable "AGP Master 1 WS Write" AND "AGP Master 1 WS Read" in your bios.
    Find these two functions in your bios and enable them. This ALONE has fixed the issue completely, my system runs rock stable in games, video etc...
    What it does is simply modify the agp bus latency to 1 wait-cycle as opposed to 2
    NOTE: i left "agp read synchronization" disabled and "agp fastwrite" enabled

    If the above does not work try this next fix

    2) In Windows XP disable "write combining":
    - Right click on your desktop and select "properties"
    - Click the "settings" tab and select "advanced"
    - Click the "troubleshoot" tab and untick "write combining".
    - Restart your computer.

    This fixes the issue by preventing the display driver from mis-programming the graphics card with errors.

    Here you go, Enjoy !!
    arv1, Apr 30, 2011