input panel error

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Beatrix, May 11, 2008.

  1. Beatrix

    Beatrix Guest

    I have issues with Tablet PC Input Panel. Tried many things, no success.

    Main symptoms:
    1, Options is not available, Help not available
    2., Error message: The writing pad is not available for the selected input
    language
    3. Error message: The character pad is not available...
    (Language is set to US everywhere)
    4., Windows live messenger doesn't recognize pen movement, I don't see
    anything when I write (just like if I would write with white color, but it is
    set to black, I checked)
    5., Windows Journal error message when starting: Windows Journal cannot
    start. There was an error initializing inking components. etc.

    Please inform me if you have a solution, or how can I reinstall Input Panel
    from Microsoft CD or elsewhere.
    Must be a registry error...

    Thanks in advance

    Beatrix, May 11, 2008

  2. Beatrix

    Beatrix Guest

    I have changed the language settings, now the Writing pad and the character
    pad is enabled. but when I write, I don't see what I write. What can be the
    problem? Is this what they call "inking"?

    Thanks

    Beatrix, May 11, 2008