    prompt with a /FORCEIT command and still doesn't work.

    Running Vista Home Premium SP2.

    What else haven't I tried?

    HareBear, Jul 22, 2011

  2. HareBear

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 22, 11:23 am, HareBear <> wrote:
    > Having an ever existing problem with Inspiron 1525 - battery won't
    > charge. Bought new Dell battery, still not able to charge or recognize
    > battery. Tried to flash the bios to version A17 - bios update fails
    > because system says it needs 10% battery power to flash bios. Current
    > battery level is at 0%. Tried to run the bios flash exe via command
    > prompt with a /FORCEIT command and still doesn't work.
    >
    > Running Vista Home Premium SP2.
    >
    > What else haven't I tried?

    You'll have to try another charger to see if the port for the plug is
    monitoring the charge. There is a 3rd wire that is either broken in
    the charger or not making the connection in the notebook itself. Rule
    out the charger first. (If you were near me you could try mine!)

    Bob Villa, Jul 22, 2011

  3. HareBear

    HareBear Guest

    On Jul 22, 1:11 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 11:23 am, HareBear <> wrote:
    >
    > > Having an ever existing problem with Inspiron 1525 - battery won't
    > > charge. Bought new Dell battery, still not able to charge or recognize
    > > battery. Tried to flash the bios to version A17 - bios update fails
    > > because system says it needs 10% battery power to flash bios. Current
    > > battery level is at 0%. Tried to run the bios flash exe via command
    > > prompt with a /FORCEIT command and still doesn't work.

    > > Running Vista Home Premium SP2.

    > > What else haven't I tried?

    > You'll have to try another charger to see if the port for the plug is
    > monitoring the charge. There is a 3rd wire that is either broken in
    > the charger or not making the connection in the notebook itself. Rule
    > out the charger first. (If you were near me you could try mine!)

    Thank you for the response and this was a great idea. I just attempted
    a new charger. Booted laptop without battery and with battery. Battery
    still won't charge.

    Next?

    HareBear, Jul 22, 2011
  4. HareBear

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 22, 12:20 pm, HareBear <> wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 1:11 pm, Bob Villa <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 22, 11:23 am, HareBear <> wrote:

    > > > Having an ever existing problem with Inspiron 1525 - battery won't
    > > > charge. Bought new Dell battery, still not able to charge or recognize
    > > > battery. Tried to flash the bios to version A17 - bios update fails
    > > > because system says it needs 10% battery power to flash bios. Current
    > > > battery level is at 0%. Tried to run the bios flash exe via command
    > > > prompt with a /FORCEIT command and still doesn't work.

    > > > Running Vista Home Premium SP2.

    > > > What else haven't I tried?

    > > You'll have to try another charger to see if the port for the plug is
    > > monitoring the charge. There is a 3rd wire that is either broken in
    > > the charger or not making the connection in the notebook itself. Rule
    > > out the charger first. (If you were near me you could try mine!)

    > Thank you for the response and this was a great idea. I just attempted
    > a new charger. Booted laptop without battery and with battery. Battery
    > still won't charge.
    >
    > Next?

    Check-over this thread on a 1545 (same battery) to see if anything
    helps.

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sys.pc-clone.dell/browse_thread/thread/8b9fa556dd67afb6?hl=en#

    Bob Villa, Jul 22, 2011
  5. On 7/22/2011 12:23 PM, HareBear wrote:
    > Having an ever existing problem with Inspiron 1525 - battery won't
    > charge. Bought new Dell battery, still not able to charge or recognize
    > battery. Tried to flash the bios to version A17 - bios update fails
    > because system says it needs 10% battery power to flash bios. Current
    > battery level is at 0%. Tried to run the bios flash exe via command
    > prompt with a /FORCEIT command and still doesn't work.
    >
    > Running Vista Home Premium SP2.
    >
    > What else haven't I tried?

    the problem is likely the power board inside of the laptop. not the
    power button board or button board, but the dc power board that includes
    the dc input jack and usb power as well as some electronics for
    regulating the power between the dc input and the battery. this small
    board is separate from the motherboard. it is an inexpensive part that
    is available on ebay for as little as $7.59 delivered. however
    installation might be a challenge for someone that is not familiar with
    working on laptops as it requires quite a bit of disassemble of the
    system in order to replace it. you can find detailed instructions on
    how to disassemble your system on support.dell.com and then look on the
    left hand column for 'manuals', select your model or enter your system
    tag number, and then language of choice and finally choose the 'service
    manual.'
    or just go here...
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1525/en/SM/index.htm

    Christopher Muto, Jul 23, 2011
  6. HareBear

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Jul 22, 9:38 pm, Christopher Muto <> wrote:

    > the problem is likely the power board inside of the laptop.  not the
    > power button board or button board, but the dc power board that includes
    > the dc input jack and usb power as well as some electronics for
    > regulating the power between the dc input and the battery.  this small
    > board is separate from the motherboard.  it is an inexpensive part that
    > is available on ebay for as little as $7.59 delivered.  however
    > installation might be a challenge for someone that is not familiar with
    > working on laptops as it requires quite a bit of disassemble of the
    > system in order to replace it.  you can find detailed instructions on
    > how to disassemble your system on support.dell.com and then look on the
    > left hand column for 'manuals', select your model or enter your system
    > tag number, and then language of choice and finally choose the 'service
    > manual.'
    > or just go here...http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1525/en/SM/index.htm

    ....and "Bob's your uncle!"

    Bob Villa, Jul 23, 2011
  7. HareBear

    Ben Myers Guest

    On Jul 22, 10:38 pm, Christopher Muto <> wrote:
    > On 7/22/2011 12:23 PM, HareBear wrote:
    >
    > > Having an ever existing problem with Inspiron 1525 - battery won't
    > > charge. Bought new Dell battery, still not able to charge or recognize
    > > battery. Tried to flash the bios to version A17 - bios update fails
    > > because system says it needs 10% battery power to flash bios. Current
    > > battery level is at 0%. Tried to run the bios flash exe via command
    > > prompt with a /FORCEIT command and still doesn't work.

    > > Running Vista Home Premium SP2.

    > > What else haven't I tried?

    > the problem is likely the power board inside of the laptop.  not the
    > power button board or button board, but the dc power board that includes
    > the dc input jack and usb power as well as some electronics for
    > regulating the power between the dc input and the battery.  this small
    > board is separate from the motherboard.  it is an inexpensive part that
    > is available on ebay for as little as $7.59 delivered.  however
    > installation might be a challenge for someone that is not familiar with
    > working on laptops as it requires quite a bit of disassemble of the
    > system in order to replace it.  you can find detailed instructions on
    > how to disassemble your system on support.dell.com and then look on the
    > left hand column for 'manuals', select your model or enter your system
    > tag number, and then language of choice and finally choose the 'service
    > manual.'
    > or just go here...http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1525/en/SM/index.htm

    I recently replaced a power board on a 1545, very similar to the
    1525. Like most Dell laptops, teardown was pretty easy, as was
    reassembly. But there are a great many steps to execute, all in the
    right order, just like getting the 7000-odd words of King Lear in the
    right order. Not a major challenge for me, as I am used to working on
    Dell laptops. The Dell service manuals on-line are invaluable... Ben
    Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 23, 2011