    -

    Thanks,
    Tony
    Tony P., May 28, 2010

  2. Tony P.

    Tony P. Guest

    I have already seen this article from Dell. Unfortunately, it is describing
    a laptop other than the Inspiron 8600. My battery compartment
    doesn't have a separate compartment for a cmos battery. I think I have to
    get to the motherboard somehow. I couldn't find any compartments
    that gave me access to the cmos battery.

    Thanks anyway,
    Tony

    Tony P., May 28, 2010

  3. Tony P.

    Tony P. Guest

    I have the 8600 without the ports.

    Thanks Tony

    Tony P., May 28, 2010
  4. Tony P.

    Pen Guest

    On 5/28/2010 4:30 PM, Tony P. wrote:
    > I have the 8600 without the ports.
    >
    > Thanks Tony
    >
    > Christopher Muto wrote:
    >> Tony P. wrote:
    >>> I have already seen this article from Dell. Unfortunately, it is
    >>> describing a laptop other than the Inspiron 8600. My battery
    >>> compartment doesn't have a separate compartment for a cmos battery. I
    >>> think I
    >>> have to get to the motherboard somehow. I couldn't find any
    >>> compartments that gave me access to the cmos battery.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks anyway,
    >>> Tony

    >> there are two versions of the 8600, one with a parallel port and one
    >> without. if you mention what you have perhaps someone else will try
    >> to help you.

    The Dell Docs can be found here for your version.
    Unfortunately the diagrams do not show a CMOS battery,
    so you'll just have to wing it.
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/ins8500/en/8600cr/index.htm
    Pen, May 28, 2010
  5. Tony P.

    BillW50 Guest

    On 5/28/2010 11:57 AM, Tony P. wrote:
    > I have already seen this article from Dell. Unfortunately, it is describing
    > a laptop other than the Inspiron 8600. My battery compartment
    > doesn't have a separate compartment for a cmos battery. I think I have to
    > get to the motherboard somehow. I couldn't find any compartments
    > that gave me access to the cmos battery.
    >
    > Thanks anyway,
    > Tony

    Another place CMOS batteries in laptops are hidden is sometimes right
    under the keyboard. Did you try looking under there?

    --
    Bill
    Thunderbird Portable 3.0 (20091130)
    BillW50, May 30, 2010
  6. Tony P.

    Tony P. Guest

    No I haven't tried removing the keyboard.

    Tony P., May 31, 2010
  7. Tony P.

    TM Guest

    TM, May 31, 2010