Installing RAM help.

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Heeni, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Heeni

Heeni

Hi,
    I have had one of my memory modules fail on me and need to replace it as it is now running on 1Gb RAM.
    I have an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi, with originally 2Gb RAM and with a 120Gb HDD....not too sure on the motherboard specs. I know the memory module is samsung, the code o it say '1Gb 2Rx8 PC2-5300S-555-12-E3'

My query is that as I have to buy a new module, I may as well upgrade. I have read that the RAM has to match the specs of the motherboard. Can anyone help me out as to how high I can go?
    Also I still have one of the 1Gb modules in there and due to finances could not be doing with replacing both, so I was wondering whether they both need to be the same Gb or if I could match.....for example by a 4Gb module to make it a 5Gb laptop??

Sorry not very good at explaining, tried to include all the info I could think of. Would very much appreciate some advice.
    Thank you

Heeni, Jan 3, 2012
Ask a Question