Intel already working on Larrabee 2

Discussion in 'Intel' started by AirRaid, Oct 17, 2008.

  1. AirRaid

    AirRaid Guest

    The first generation of chips & boards in the Larrabee family is still
    at least 1 year away, and somewhat longer if they don't launch until
    2010. These will consist of chips as small as 4-8 cores, and as
    large as 48 cores, perhaps even 64 cores. They could also consist of
    dual-Larrabee boards.

    Yet, Intel is already working on the Larrabee 2 generation.

    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=50102

    Pre-Si Emulation Engineer – 560430

    Description

    In this position, you will be part of an exciting team developing and
    deploying state-of-art Emulation technologies for validation of Intel
    Larrabee (LRB) Graphics processors. You'll be focusing on some of the
    responsibilities that include but are not be limited to:
    - Responsible for the Emulation Model Builds including RTL coding,
    linting, synthesis and others
    - Developing and executing validation plans for Emulation including
    test-bench/ tests development, debug and others
    - Working with Pre/Post Si Validation teams, SW OS and/or driver and/
    or Application teams to develop and execute emulation solutions for
    LRB2
    - Working with design teams, and tool vendors to execute LRB2
    Emulation plans, develop tool methodologies and flows and others
    - Working on full-chip, system-level, sub-FC validation for emulation
    Quote:
    LRB Front-End Logic Design Eng – 558503

    Description

    In this position, you will be playing a key technical role in front
    end development of the LRB2 design. Your responsibilities will include
    but not be limited to:
    - Micro-architecture development and RTL design of one or more complex
    functional units
    - Working with architecture teams to scope out implementation costs,
    power-performance tradeoffs and propose alternative solutions
    - Working with validation teams to drive appropriate validation
    strategies and actively contributing to a high quality design
    - Working with backend teams to enable convergence to meet aggressive
    design targets
    - Contributing to advancing design processes/design methodologies

    AirRaid, Oct 17, 2008

  2. AirRaid

    Robert Miles Guest

    Some of you may want to find uses for your Nvidias that
    are less likely to cause such arguments:

    http://folding.stanford.edu/

    http://www.gpugrid.net/

    A beta test project needs full and recent backups for your computer
    if you decide to participate, though.

    Robert Miles, Oct 18, 2008

  3. AirRaid

    AirRaid Guest

    > One thing about posting through Google Groups, your IP address is included
    > in every message. :)

    I am aware of that, so what is your point ? :)

    AirRaid, Oct 20, 2008