    Ubuntu netbook remix is good but it seems a little simplistic... I
    liked OpenSUSE 11.0 on my laptop, Is there any way to install this on
    my eeepc netbook?
    iheartmyeeepcnetbook, Nov 24, 2009

  2. iheartmyeeepcnetbook

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    iheartmyeeepcnetbook wrote:
    > So I bought my eeepc here: http://www.netbookhub.com/servlet/the-212/EEEPC-10.1-Atom-N270-fdsh-250G/Detail
    > and I think (?) that its a EPC1005HA Model (correct me if I'm wrong?)
    >
    > Anyways I'm wondering whether the prescence of an Intel Atom processor
    > precludes the installation of any linux operating systems? I've heard
    > Ubuntu netbook remix is good but it seems a little simplistic... I
    > liked OpenSUSE 11.0 on my laptop, Is there any way to install this on
    > my eeepc netbook?

    Are you kidding? Linux was the first thing that was installed on the
    netbooks. It's Windows that you'd be hard-pressed to get running on an
    Atom-based netbook.

    Yousuf Khan
    Yousuf Khan, Nov 24, 2009

  3. iheartmyeeepcnetbook wrote:
    > So I bought my eeepc here: http://www.netbookhub.com/servlet/the-212/EEEPC-10.1-Atom-N270-fdsh-250G/Detail
    > and I think (?) that its a EPC1005HA Model (correct me if I'm wrong?)
    >
    > Anyways I'm wondering whether the prescence of an Intel Atom processor
    > precludes the installation of any linux operating systems? I've heard
    > Ubuntu netbook remix is good but it seems a little simplistic... I
    > liked OpenSUSE 11.0 on my laptop, Is there any way to install this on
    > my eeepc netbook?

    Intel has their own version, Moblix, just for notebooks. Ubuntu has a netbook
    spin, it may be a trifle limited for some users, there's a netbook spin of
    Fedora, based on a sample size of one install it seemed to work pretty well on
    an old Acer with slow Celeron but great display.

    Sorry, two Fedora spines, eedora and feedora, no not the same thing and a typo,
    I saw the feedora and it's not the same thing, was being used at a meeting but I
    didn't get to ask many questions.
    Bill Davidsen, Dec 7, 2009