    advance...Joe

    A Digg.com search should find the artical if needed, Both cpu and mboard
    combo info (Best Match) please and thanks again...
    Joe_Z, May 2, 2008

  2. Joe_Z

    Joe_Z Guest

    Here's both links, are these a good route to take now or is there better,
    once again, thanks...Joe

    http://www.cnet.com/8301-13924_1-9924121-64.html

    324 comments...
    http://digg.com/tech_news/Intel_cuts_quad_core_price_by_50_percent

    Joe_Z, May 2, 2008

  3. Joe_Z

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Phil Weldon" typed:
    > 'Joe' wrote:
    >> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or
    >> whatever? thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there
    >> prices and I just can't stand it anymore, so what's the best
    >> bang/buck now? heh, I don't think AMD can beat this price if it's
    >> desktop cpu's there talking about, thanks in advance...Joe

    > _____
    >
    > You mean like a QX6700 Core 2 Quad Extreme 2.66 GHz for $521.00 US?
    > http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList3.jsp
    >
    > Phil Weldon

    You might have to wait a while for them to clear 'old' stocks, it's now $266
    from Intel.

    These price drops are what I've been waiting for. Soon hopefully I'll be
    able to replace my E4500 @ 3.2GHz (cores running at ambient + 2°C while
    idling, on air, Tt mini-Typh. Both cooler and CPU lapped) with a 45nm CPU.
    I'm still unsure whether to get a 2 or a 4 core CPU, nothing I do currently
    even remotely taxes my CPU. I just want to get a more powerful one while the
    getting's good, to 'futureproof' my system as much as I can.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, May 3, 2008
  4. Joe_Z

    Joe_Z Guest

    "Phil Weldon" <> wrote in message
    > 'Joe' wrote:
    >> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or whatever?
    >> thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there prices and I just
    >> can't stand it anymore, so what's the best bang/buck now? heh, I don't
    >> think AMD can beat this price if it's desktop cpu's there talking about,
    >> thanks in advance...Joe

    > _____
    >
    > You mean like a QX6700 Core 2 Quad Extreme 2.66 GHz for $521.00 US?
    > http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList3.jsp

    Well, that's a little pricey right now but thanks for the zipzoomfly
    link, newegg needs competition anyway...Joejoe

    Joe_Z, May 3, 2008
  5. Joe_Z

    Joe_Z Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarweb "Phil Weldon" typed:
    >> 'Joe' wrote:
    >>> Is that server processors the cut the prices on or desktop or
    >>> whatever? thanks, I saw on Digg they (Intel) were cutting there
    >>> prices and I just can't stand it anymore, so what's the best
    >>> bang/buck now? heh, I don't think AMD can beat this price if it's
    >>> desktop cpu's there talking about, thanks in advance...Joe

    >> _____
    >>
    >> You mean like a QX6700 Core 2 Quad Extreme 2.66 GHz for $521.00 US?
    >> http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList3.jsp
    >>
    >> Phil Weldon

    > You might have to wait a while for them to clear 'old' stocks, it's now
    > $266 from Intel.

    thanks, this price looks closer to my finances, I'm sure Phil will have
    a good match board/cpu set by the time price cuts are seen anyway...Joe

    Joe_Z, May 3, 2008