    functional again?

    Thanks!
    , Feb 11, 2007

  2. Guest

    On Feb 11, 1:04 pm, "" <> wrote:
    > I have an Intel D845GVSRL motherboard that will not boot. The green
    > power light on the board come on, but that is it. I currently have the
    > bare board pulled from it's case with just the power supply and HDD
    > connected to it. I've tried another power supply thinking that may be
    > the issue but got the same result.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if I should need to jumper the front panel
    > connector on/off switch to get it to work (http://developer.intel.com/
    > design/motherbd/sr/sr_con.htm)? I've tried that too with no luck.
    >
    > I've taken the RAM out to see if that might make a difference - no
    > beeps, nothing.
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this board
    > functional again?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Does the CPU fan need to be connected and operational for the system
    to boot and display the POST?
    , Feb 13, 2007

  3. Bob Bailin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 11, 1:04 pm, "" <> wrote:
    >> I have an Intel D845GVSRL motherboard that will not boot. The green
    >> power light on the board come on, but that is it. I currently have the
    >> bare board pulled from it's case with just the power supply and HDD
    >> connected to it. I've tried another power supply thinking that may be
    >> the issue but got the same result.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me if I should need to jumper the front panel
    >> connector on/off switch to get it to work (http://developer.intel.com/
    >> design/motherbd/sr/sr_con.htm)? I've tried that too with no luck.
    >>
    >> I've taken the RAM out to see if that might make a difference - no
    >> beeps, nothing.
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this board
    >> functional again?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Does the CPU fan need to be connected and operational for the system
    > to boot and display the POST?

    Yes. Without a fan, the CPU will quickly overheat and shut itself down.

    All you need to get this motherboard working is a supported CPU,
    supported memory, an adequate power supply and a working monitor.
    Everything else, including the hard disk, should be unplugged. Make
    sure the power supply has the correct connector (20- or 24-pin) to
    the motherboard, and make sure the 4-pin power lead for the CPU
    is plugged in.

    The two pins for the power switch should only be momentarily
    shorted to turn the system on or off. If you jumper it, the system will
    turn on and then turn off about 10 seconds later.

    If the system doesn't POST, power it down completely and remove
    all the memory modules. When you power it up without memory,
    you should get a beep error code within seconds, with no video
    display. If you don't get a beep code, either the CPU or the
    motherboard is defective.

    If you do get a beep code, reinstall the minimum amount of
    memory required and try again. Make sure you're using brands
    and types that are supported by the motherboard.

    Bob
    Bob Bailin, Feb 13, 2007