    Any ideas ??

    Thanks
    Robert Willis

    Robert Willis, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Robert Willis

    Aloke Prasad Guest

    Don't the latest BIOSes allow to change the settings in a more aggressive
    way (burn-in mode)?

    I haven't messed with all this .. stability being the main reason I chose
    Intel motherboards..
    --
    Aloke
    ----

    "Robert Willis" <> wrote in message
    > I currently have a INTEL D875PBZ Motherboard with a INTEL 3.2GHz

    Processor.

    Aloke Prasad, Apr 6, 2004

  3. I changed my setting to the ones recommended by Corsair and my system is
    still stable. Now I off to solve the fan noise problem with the stock INTEL
    cooler.

    tRAS = 6
    CL = 2.00
    tRCD = 3
    tRP =3

    Regards
    Robert Willis

    Robert Willis, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Robert Willis

    David Ciemny Guest

    Please post your results Robert (fan noise). going through the same thing
    here. Rewired mine to ensure good airflow and it is still very loud. Runs
    fine but noisy.

    DC

    David Ciemny, Apr 7, 2004
  5. David:

    I have mine mounted in a CoolerMaster WaveMaster Case and almost all of the
    fan noise is coming from the stock INTEL cooler. Once the cooler goes above
    2800 RPM it gets loud and annoying. I am going to try a different cooler and
    am starting my research on which is the best one. I am currently leaning
    toward one of the CoolerMaster "Cage" blowers as I have some customers that
    have used these and indicate that they will quiet the system down.

    On my case I have two 80mm Intake fans and a single 80mm Exhaust fan. All of
    these fans have sleeve bearings but these are not the main cause of the
    noise. I can use the Intel Control Panel in manual mode to turn these OFF
    and the noise still remains. In addition the ASUS Graphics Adapter has two
    small fans but these do not seem to be contributing that much to the noise.

    I have eliminated the resonating noise that was caused by the Antec Power
    Supply being mounted against one of the sides of the case. I repositioned
    the power supply in the mounting bracket and eliminated that source. I was
    unable to use any of the various vibration dampening material since the
    tolerances of this case are so close. There is insufficient room to mount
    the vibration material without removing some of the aluminum.

    Regards
    Robert Willis

    Robert Willis, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Robert Willis

    David Ciemny Guest

    Robert..mine is definitely from the stock cooler. Once over the 2800 rpm
    mark forget it. I am using the same case as you with identical fan set up.

    Keep me informed of your progress :eek:)

    Dave

    David Ciemny, Apr 8, 2004
  7. David:

    Is the front intake "grill" on your case loose ??? What I am calling
    the"grill" is the metal piece with the CoolerMaster Logo on it....

    I was ready to disassemble the entire case to get at the mounting screws,
    but decided to call CoolerMaster to advise them of the problem first. It
    seems that the bottom section is hinged also. You need to remove the Allen
    head screw in the top of this section. Open the top door and look down on
    the left side. After you remove this there is one Phillips head screw on the
    bottom of the case that needs to be removed. After that the door should
    swing open to expose the two 80mm inlet fans and the retaining screws for
    the grill.

    I will keep you advised of my quest for a quiter fan ......

    That is my weekend project.

    Regards
    Robert Willis

    Robert Willis, Apr 8, 2004
  8. Robert Willis

    h2so4 Guest

    Zalman CPNS7000cu or alcu. Probably the best noise to efficiency heatsink
    available. I run mine in "silent mode" and to my ears it is just that. I
    also have a Coolermaster case, the Black Widow model. The noisiest element
    in my case is the top extractor fan but this is tolerable if turned down to
    half revs.

    Just a thought.

    h2so4, Apr 8, 2004
  9. Robert Willis

    David Ciemny Guest

    No my grill is not loose. Look forward to what results you get Robert.

    Dave

    David Ciemny, Apr 8, 2004