Intel Desktop Board DX38BT stuck at BIOS screen with 5A code

Discussion in 'Intel' started by chukcha2, Sep 24, 2016.

1. chukcha2

chukcha2

I have an Intel Desktop Board DX38BT. After a power failure and a new power supply my board gets stuck at the screen with Intel log and "BIOS Seetings: <F2>" message. In the lower right corner there is a "5A". Pressing any key (including F2) does nothing. The only key combination that seems to do something (reboot) is Ctrl-Alt-Del so I know the keyboard works. I've seen on some forums that 5A is "Resetting PATA/SATA bus and all devices". Other than the power supply and the CPU/Fan, the only things that are plugged in into the board is a video card and a memory dimm.
    My conclusion was that the power event damaged the motherboard and so I got a new one. I was shocked to see the exact same problem. What can I be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

chukcha2, Sep 24, 2016
  2. chukcha2

Bailey

Hi. I would like to help you, but sorry I don't know.. In case of any information I'll write :)

Bailey, Dec 10, 2016
Ask a Question