Intel GMA T3-P5G965 & Vista Ultimate problem

Discussion in 'Intel' started by R. James D., Nov 29, 2007.

  1. R. James D.

    R. James D. Guest

    T3-P5G965 Intel GMA & Vista Ultimate problem

    Hi All,

    I own an Asus barebone T3-P5G965 (Intel G965 Express Chipset) with
    Pentium Dual Core 2160 and 1Gb DDR2@667MHz RAM, till few days ago with
    XP SP2 OS. Upgrading the hard-disk I decided to upgrade also the OS to
    Vista Ultimate 64bit.

    All works perfectly, except the video drivers:
    - from Intel web site I downloaded and installed the chipset INF upgrade
    - from Intel web site I downloaded and installed the video driver for
    Intel GMA, the only one available now: 15.6.1 for Vista 64 bit

    Once installed, the system cannot upgrade the Hardware score: the igfx
    driver stop to respond, the screen turns black, then the OS recovers it
    and an annoying pop-up with a brief description of this error is displayed.
    I can't even activate Aero, in particular with transparency activated,
    because I get a lot of the above errors.
    The only problem in device management is an unrecognized PCI simple bus,
    which I don't really know what it is related to.
    With Windows XP I didn't had any problems with video driver, the test I
    did, even with 3D Mark'06, worked perfectly.

    PS: the Asus programs & drivers contained in bundled CD or downloadable
    from the official web site don't work. It seems they are not intended to
    be used with this OS version.

    PPS: after all this I tried also to upgrade the motherboard BIOS to
    latest version and install Vista Ultimate 32bit, in both cases I
    obtained the same error described above.

    Thanks in advance,
    rJ.
    R. James D., Nov 29, 2007