Intel makes arguing and getting into disputes easier

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Yousuf Khan, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
    new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
    you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
    counterclaims.

    Here's where to find the add-in:

    Here's the article describing the add-in:
    "Intel Labs has made available a Mozilla Firefox add-on named Dispute
    Finder.

    Dispute Finder is designed to highlight disputed claims on web pages.

    The description page of this add-on claims:

    The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims on web
    pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative points of view.

    They are also providing an interface for web users to add more disputed
    claims on the web along with the proof to dismiss the claims."
    http://stuff.techwhack.com/6808-dispute-finder
    Yousuf Khan, Jun 20, 2009

  2. Yousuf Khan

    Intel Guy Guest

    Yousuf Khan wrote:

    > The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims
    > on web pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative
    > points of view.

    Was that something they posted on their web site on April 1, and just
    haven't taken down yet?
    Intel Guy, Jun 20, 2009

  3. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Intel Guy wrote:
    > Yousuf Khan wrote:
    >
    >> The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims
    >> on web pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative
    >> points of view.

    > Was that something they posted on their web site on April 1, and just
    > haven't taken down yet?

    I don't know, it does sound like an April Fools joke, but this add-in
    actually does work.

    Yousuf Khan
    Yousuf Khan, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Yousuf Khan

    Robert Myers Guest

    On Jun 20, 2:59 pm, Yousuf Khan <> wrote:
    > I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
    > new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
    > you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
    > counterclaims.
    >
    > Here's where to find the add-in:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11712
    >
    > Here's the article describing the add-in:
    > "Intel Labs has made available a Mozilla Firefox add-on named Dispute
    > Finder.
    >
    > Dispute Finder is designed to highlight disputed claims on web pages.
    >
    > The description page of this add-on claims:
    >
    > The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims on web
    > pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative points of view.
    >
    > They are also providing an interface for web users to add more disputed
    > claims on the web along with the proof to dismiss the claims."http://stuff.techwhack.com/6808-dispute-finder

    Slow news day? Intel supports research at Berkeley, of which
    disputefinder is just one product

    http://disputefinder.cs.berkeley.edu/

    This doesn't seem to be anything more than another attempt at social
    software. I don't think it has anything to do with Intel, except that
    Intel gets to have its logo plastered on whatever the research it
    funds produces.

    Aggressive and generous support of academic research is one of the
    reasons I admire Intel. If you read the professional literature,
    rather than Usenet, you'll get a better idea of how pervasive that
    support is.

    Robert.
    Robert Myers, Jun 20, 2009
  5. Yousuf Khan

    Guest

    On Jun 20, 2:59 pm, Yousuf Khan <> wrote:
    > I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
    > new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
    > you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
    > counterclaims.

    Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
    electricty, electronics,
    and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
    USB, XML, GPS,
    External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
    Software Debuggers,
    Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
    Printers,
    Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
    Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
    Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
    Wristwatches,
    UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, On-
    Line Shopping,
    Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
    Post GM Crankism,
    rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
    goes,
    in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

    > Here's where to find the add-in:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11712
    >
    > Here's the article describing the add-in:
    > "Intel Labs has made available a Mozilla Firefox add-on named Dispute
    > Finder.
    >
    > Dispute Finder is designed to highlight disputed claims on web pages.
    >
    > The description page of this add-on claims:
    >
    > The Dispute Finder Firefox Extension highlights disputed claims on web
    > pages you browse and shows you evidence for alternative points of view.
    >
    > They are also providing an interface for web users to add more disputed
    > claims on the web along with the proof to dismiss the claims."http://stuff.techwhack.com/6808-dispute-finder
    , Jun 21, 2009
  6. Yousuf Khan

    krw Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:18:19 -0700 (PDT), ""
    <> wrote:

    >On Jun 20, 2:59 pm, Yousuf Khan <> wrote:
    >> I'm not sure how this relates to their main business model. Maybe it's a
    >> new business model? Intel has created a new Firefox add-in that let's
    >> you see disputed claims on websites and go to websites with their
    >> counterclaims.

    > Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
    >electricty, electronics,
    > and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
    >USB, XML, GPS,
    > External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
    >Software Debuggers,
    > Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
    >Printers,
    > Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
    > Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
    > Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
    >Wristwatches,
    > UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, On-
    >Line Shopping,
    > Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
    >Post GM Crankism,
    > rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
    >goes,
    > in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

    Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? Can anyone even
    parse it?
    krw, Jun 21, 2009
  7. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    krw wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:18:19 -0700 (PDT), ""
    >> Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
    >> electricty, electronics,
    >> and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
    >> USB, XML, GPS,
    >> External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
    >> Software Debuggers,
    >> Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
    >> Printers,
    >> Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
    >> Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
    >> Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
    >> Wristwatches,
    >> UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking, On-
    >> Line Shopping,
    >> Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
    >> Post GM Crankism,
    >> rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
    >> goes,
    >> in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

    > Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? Can anyone even
    > parse it?

    Maybe we can dispute it? :)

    Yousuf Khan
    Yousuf Khan, Jun 21, 2009
  8. Yousuf Khan

    BradGuth Guest

    On Jun 21, 8:54 am, Yousuf Khan <> wrote:
    > krw wrote:
    > > On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 00:18:19 -0700 (PDT), ""
    > >>  Well, since Intel is mostly why the people who actually know about
    > >> electricty, electronics,
    > >>  and post neanderthal Engineering works, work on Optical Computers,
    > >> USB, XML, GPS,
    > >>  External Mini Hard Disks, Digital Terrain Mapping, C++, Flat Screen
    > >> Software Debuggers,
    > >>  Distributed Processing Software, full digital HDTV, All-In-One
    > >> Printers,
    > >>  Compact Flourescent Lighting, Light Sticks, Laser-Guided Phasors,
    > >>  Digital Fiber Optics Signalling, Blue Ray, Holographics, Holograms,
    > >>  Self-Replicating Machines, Self-Assembling Robots, Atomic Clock
    > >> Wristwatches,
    > >>  UAVs, AAVs, Cruise Missiles, Drones, Phalanx, On-Line Banking,  On-
    > >> Line Shopping,
    > >>  Electronic Books, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Microwave Cooling, and
    > >> Post GM Crankism,
    > >>  rather than with either Intel, IBM, or GM, That's just the way it
    > >> goes,
    > >>  in the idioicy of Al Gore Ville.

    > > Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish?  Can anyone even
    > > parse it?

    > Maybe we can dispute it? :)
    >
    >         Yousuf Khan

    Now we're talking serious turkey. Let the folks most at risk dispute
    everything that rocks any mainstream boat, and otherwise regardless of
    objective evidence forbid revision of any publish public record, so as
    to keep the public and our media as systematically snookered and
    dumbfounded past the point of no return. Isn't that what those
    mainstream brown-nosed clowns and minions of the dark side do best?

    I've even got my very own personal Jewish shadow, with no apparent
    policing by those of any faith-based kind in sight.

    ~ BG
    BradGuth, Jun 21, 2009
  9. Yousuf Khan

    Intel Guy Guest

    krw wrote:

    > Does anyone understand the above rambling rubbish? Can anyone
    > even parse it?

    Did you have to full-quote it?
    Intel Guy, Jun 22, 2009
  10. Yousuf Khan

    krw Guest

    Yes, if for no other reason than to piss you off.
    krw, Jun 23, 2009